Unknown To Me

Kieran's POV

" Your Highness!!!" I found Helen standing there.

" You wanna say something, Helen?" I asked her.

" Your Highness, you are starving yourself." She said and I sighed deeply.

I came back this evening after a long flight then Amanda did that drama taking Lorena away. Now these all happened. How would I get chance to have dinner. I felt my hunger died already. I wasn't feeling hungry anymore.

" I am not feeling like having something now, Helen. You go. Take care of your works. I will have something if I am hungry." I said to her.

" But Your Highness!!!" She was saying but I stopped her.

" Don't force me to do anything now. I am not feeling ok now." I said to her and she sighed deeply.

" I am around, Your Highness. If you need anything please call me." She said and I nodded.

She left and I kept sitting there leaning back on the chair closing my eyes. There was no one around in this floor. The doctors and nurses were busy with their works. This whole floor was drowned in silence. It was like the hospital is dead itself. I didn't have left anything to expect from my life anymore. It was completely blank. I used to work in this same hospital. But today this place seems to be very unknown to me. I have seen people crying here losing their dear ones here. Today I realized how they used to feel that time very well. It was so real. I bet that Denmark has seen this much death after a long time. Everyone must be shocked about this incident today. I myself am still shocked. I don't know what I am thinking actually. My brain is completely messed right now sitting here. I am blank. Completely blank.

Suddenly I felt someone sitting next to me holding my hand. The touch was very warm and familiar. I opened my eyes slowly and found Amanda sitting next to me. I didn't say anything. She just kept sitting there beside me without saying anything holding my hands tightly. I sighed and out my head on her lap. She didn't say anything just kept patting my head. I sighed deeply.

" Where is Lorena?" I asked her.

" She is sleeping." She said.

" You left her alone?" I asked her.

" Mira is with her." She said to me. I sighed. I didn't know Mira is there too.  She didn't come here??! " She will be here in the morning. I told her not to come at night. Lorena will not be comfortable." She said to me and I sighed.

" Why are you here?" I asked her but she didn't say anything just kept running her fingers through my hair. " Why are you not saying anything?" I asked her.

" As I am not saying anything then you should understand that this question is completely stupid to be ignored." She said to me and I chuckled inwardly.

Amanda has changed completely. She is not like before. A completely new package. I don't know how to react on this.

" Your Highness!!" I heard someone saying and I sat up. I found Serena with Dr. Williams.

" Hello, doctor." I said to him. He tried to smile a bit. I smiled at him back.

" Your Highness, there was a bit formalities to complete." Dr. Williams said and I nodded.

" Sure." I said and stood up. Amanda followed me.

" We have 126 dead bodies here, umm...along with His Highness and Her Highness." Serena said.

" Yes. I need one week to arrange the funeral." I said to her and she nodded.

I completed the formalities and found Helen there.

" What happened, Helen?" I asked her.

" Your Highness, Mrs. Stone's daughter came to meet her this evening." She said to me. " She must be one of them." She said.

" But there were 126 people in the castle that time." I said.

" That was including me. I went to drop your aunt at home when everything happened." She said and I sighed.

We can't help it. It was her fate. We have to accept the fact. God may give her the best reward there.

" But-" she stopped.

" But what??" I asked her.

" Let me explain, Kieran." Serena said." She was pregnant of 38 weeks. When she was brought here her condition was very critical. We had an emergency c-section to bring the baby out but unfortunately the mother couldn't take that. She lost her a lot of blood already. She couldn't effort to loss anymore. We couldn't save the mother but the baby is in observation yet." She said and I was stunned at that fact.

Like really??! Those people were that crazy to hurt a pregnant woman like that?!!

" Is it a boy or a girl?" Amanda asked Serena.

" It's a boy." Serena said.

" Contact his family immediately, Helen. If they want to take the baby or not." I said to her.

" She was divorced from her husband 3 months back. I am trying to contact her family. Let's see what they says about it." Helen said and I nodded. There were already much more pressure here.

" Can we see him?" She asked her.

" Sure." Serena said. " Olivia, take them with you." She said and that nurse took us to the little newborn baby.

I can't imagine what happened to the little kid. He has lost his mother just after his birth. We entered the cabin where the baby was kept. He was a little cute newborn baby who was reminding me the day Lorena was born and Robiya left us at while giving birth to her. It was very hard for us to hold on after her death. We knew that thing was coming but I just couldn't accept the reality. God knows how would this kid feel when he will come to know about his mother.

Amanda pulled me out of there after awhile. We were sitting on the corridor silently.

" You met Alex?" She asked me suddenly.

" Yes." I said.

" How is he doing?" She asked me.

" No major injuries. Still needs time to get well." I said. She nodded.

" Hold on yourself, Kieran. You have a lot of responsibilities now. You can't break down now." She said to me in a very normal tone.

I was so shocked. Amanda wasn't like this before. She changed a lot. If she was the Amanda before she would have started to cry hysterically by now. This new Amanda is whole lot different from the old one. Completely different which is very unknown to me. Very very unknown to me.