Twenty-eight

" I will break you, use you, and there will never be another."

Those were the last words Alexander said to me before he left two days ago. The words were haunting, leaving me incapable of thinking clearly. In turn, making me angry. Outraged.  Alexander ceremoniously seduced me and I'd allowed the bullshit to occur.

I was caught up in a glamor. The fact that he has only given me pleasure without asking for anything in return has got to me.

Alexander, the king of the immortal race that I have devoted my whole life to destroy. The same ones I believe are the very definition of evil incapable of feeling any emotion has got to me.

Fuck, what was wrong with me?

Groaning, I rolled my eyes as I stared up at the boring white ceiling in my bedroom.

Alexander has been the only man on my mind. When I close my eyes I can still recall the events of that night. The powerful, dominant, and carnal way he tore apart my dress. His dominant,  velvet voice in my ear commanding me to bend forward. I could still feel his hands caressing my skin before giving me a delicious spanking that turned my ass fire engine red.

And his fingers... Magic.

They left me restless and my body aching with desire.

I bit my lip, clenching my thighs together.

" Bastard," I mumbled. I hadn't been able to orgasm. Just when his fingers were deep enough, a stupid phone call interrupted us. He promptly left and I haven't been to get him out of mind since.

I'd been mortified, angry, and ready to scratch his eyes out. But I'd also been soaking wet from the ridiculous events.

So before I left his private wing, I raided his enormous walk-in closet and grabbed a few t-shirts, sweaters, and jogging pants. They were oversized but I like my clothes baggy so it's fine.

I glance at the alarm clock on the nightstand.

12:05 am.

I sit up, swinging my legs off the bed and get up. I throw on a sweater and pants. Tie up my hair. Lace-up my sneakers and head out the door.

Usually, a guard comes to my room at midnight. They hadn't shown up so I guess Alexander is still gone. There's no use in wasting time when I can do a perimeter check.

For the three months I've been here-whenever I get free time- I sneak out and survey my surroundings. By the second week, I had the entire castle along with the grounds mapped out and memorized in my head. I even hid makeshift weapons in some areas.

I was prepared for when the time came for me to fulfill my duty.

I started my usual routine. I always walk through the castle first then the grounds. The castle was quiet. Not many guards patrolling the halls. Which works in my favor because tonight I wanted to visit the art room again.

It was my favorite room in the castle. I was an art history major. I just got out of class when I met Adrian that day. The day that changed my life forever.

I stepped inside the extremely large room and a wave of bittersweet happiness hits me. Sweet because of my passion and bitter because of my obligations to The Red Circle and my family to fight evil for the sake of humanity. The two always clash and one day I know I will be forced to chose between the two.

I walk around the gallery, glancing around here and there at paintings that catch my eye. But not stopping for too long. Merely pausing. I don't truly stop until I reach the beautiful masterpiece named Rupture. The piece was haunting with bold use of color. Seductive. Long brush strokes sweeping through the canvas, indicating submission while highlighting dominance.

" It's enchanting, isn't it? The use of bold red and black colors blending in a sexual way. Erotic. Depraved," Alexander says in a silky, husky voice. He moved directly behind me. His warm breath feathering across my skin, making the tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

A slight tic appeared in the corner of my mouth. I hate how he makes me feel. My brain loses all reason and my body reacts.

I swallowed hard and concentrated on something else like how I didn't hear him come in.

I'm losing my touch.

I shivered as I felt the tips of his fingers running down the back of my arms. I felt my resolve falter when he angled his head down to kiss my neck, he held his lips there as he whispered across my skin, " I can show you the darker side of sex. All you have to do is ask."

My nipples hardened in response and hated how my body reacted to him.

I closed my eyes. " I can't."

" Yes, you can. Search your soul. I'm exactly what you crave all those lonely nights. A man not only capable of giving not only discipline but one who can fulfill your darkest desires."

My pulse quickened. I knew he could hear my pounding heart, feel my carotid artery throb. I mewled as I felt his tongue dash out and lick my throbbing pulse. In an instant, all strength I had against him failed.

" How do you know?" I asked. The rational part of my brain tried to remind me that I shouldn't be turned on by the enemy, but the hell with logic.

He's been gone for two days and although I can't stand to admit it- I've missed him. He had left me all wanting and needy. I craved his body and the dirty things he does to me.

God, help me.

He ran a finger down the length of my spine.

" Because we have a connection. One we can't deny. Tell me I'm wrong and I'll go for now."

" I...,"

" Yes?" He murmured.

Give in to him.

Let him set you free.

This is so bad.

But I've made my decision.

" I can't promise you anything but I'll try. I will try to be the submissive you want." My voice falters at the end. I'm my own woman. I don't need anything or anyone. But I can't deny the fact that he's correct. I can't deny that I've enjoyed everything he has done so far. My body isn't my own when I'm around him. It belongs to him.

What's the harm of exploring the darker side of sex? I'm inexperienced but this just feels right with him.

Besides, why let the opportunity pass when there's no risk. Alexander's days are numbered anyway so why not have a little fun?

I smirked. " So when do we start?"