golden days

this is all i want in life so i put it on paper (technically in my notes in my phone at two in the morning, unedited) so i hope you enjoy

love, haylie

her white dress blew softly right below her knees, above her ankles but low enough to cover the bandaid that covered the small cut on her knee. she walked through the field, holding his hand like how she used to hold her fathers hand when she was young. she looked up at him, he had a light smile on his face, which was glowing from the sunlight and cool breeze that blew across them. he wore a white button up, which was tucked into his brown slacks.

they just had their engagement party, at their small country cottage. not a lot of people were invited, just close family members and some close friends. they didn't like big parties, never did and never will. once everyone went home, they cleaned up and took a walk. through the daisies and grass of the fields that surrounded their humble little home. yes, they do live close enough to a town with a good school for their future baby, and close enough to the amenities they need to live comfortably. they turned their modern-ish house into a cute little cottage-esk home, perfect for raising a baby and cozy enough for the two of them, for now.

they stopped walking when he bent down and picked a flower. she looked back at him, wondering why he stopped their walk, and he walked back up to her with a small daisy, with five petals brightly glowing from the hazy sunlight that casted upon them. some of her lip gloss caught strands of her hair in it as she smiled lightly, taking the dainty flower into her dainty hands. she stood on her tip-toes to give him a soft kiss on the cheek. "thank you, darling."

they walked back to their home, through the opened french doors that led to the field, and into their living room, where a record player sat in the corner with all of their favorite records sat under it, a couch in front of a tv, and a rocking chair with he grandmother's knitted quilt and with a small table next to it. on the table sat a small lamp and their favorite book, which he read to her almost every night. she picked up their favorite vinyl, putting it on the record player and grabbing his hand. the soft trumpets and violins of the track hummed brightly throughout their living room, making her smile. he pulled her close and swayed back and forth with her, dancing slowly and holding each other carefully, embracing each other with love and new beginnings. she opened her eyes and looked up at him, putting her head on his chest and admiring what she had;

everything and more.

"never thought that you would be, standing here so close to me, there's so much i feel that i should say... but words can wait until some other day."

"kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again, it's been a long, long time..."

"haven't felt like this my dear since can't remember when, it's been a long, long time..."

"you'll never know how many dreams i've dreamed about you, or just how empty they all seemed without you... so kiss me once, then kiss me twice then kiss me once again... it's been a long, long time."

poisondols

written 07/13/20 at 1:47 am

published 07/13/20 at 2:25 am