chapter 17

Ending the conversation with kehinde I continued reading when i heard Kelly's voice "food evening mummy , daddy ,I thought you were both on a business trip"  
  I peeped to listen more  "yes , we were until we got a call from the school " at that point my heart was raising , by the sound of my mum's voice she was clearly not pleased .
  "WHERE ARE THOSE BULL SHIT KIDS" dad roared and that's when I knew I was doing .
Mobe ooh .( Doom in Yoruba )

This silence was killing me , right now I am in the living room with my parents , brother and Kelly .
Kelly felt the heat and excused herself, I would too if I won't be roasted if I did .

Minutes felt like hours and neither of them spoke . Abel bravely got up to leave and that was when all hell went loose and my mum gave him a resounding slap , it was so hard that I held my checks feeling his pain .
Oga pompous, go na , nonsense
My subconsciousness mocked him .
"Nwa na abaghiuru ( useless child)  my mum cursed in Igbo which I didn't understand neither did Abel . Let's just say we are age butter children.
"You  want to leave ? , Go! Go! , But Abel chigoze segun if I see you in my house I promise to kill you "  okay that's a little too much for mum , she never was the one to curse a child , but I can't blame her , I would feel embarrassed if I were her .
Abel melode and sat down wiping the tears from his eyes , I really wanted to laugh hard ,
He was claiming big boy and now he has been baptized with the holy slap .
"I am waiting for your explanation" my dad said to no one In particular.
"Well ...."
"We are sorry dad "I said cutting Abel , I don't want him to stay something stupid and ruin it all .
"Sorry? , We flew back just because of a report that you came to school late and you both caused unnecessary drama disturbing the peace of the school , over what exactly " my mum asked .
But I was not planning on telling them and I am sure Abel would not but boy was I wrong , before I knew it Abel blurted out  "I am sorry , I asked her to go on a date and she refused so I pesturised her until she started fighting me I'm sorry ,"
I couldn't tell ten expression on their faces , was it amusement ? anger? , Well my mum seemed amused that he owned up but my dad there was a lot going on in his head .
"Date , as in you forced your sister to sleep with a man?!" My mum screamed , sometimes I wonder how she is a literate , no offence mum .
" No mum , just go out for a day" Abel explained still shocked by her assumption .
"Abel , why would you do that , what were you planning on achieving " dis asked a little too calm , has he been replaced? ,What happened to the strict man I grew up with .
"I am sorry ...I just ..I really ... Alexa I am sorry ... I really wanted to play"
He said unsure of his words
My parents seemed calm about it , where are the people who were ranting minutes ago .

  So I decided to add a little  Nigerian slang , come on it's a Nigerian book , it was starting to be more like a foreign story .
Also note that this sorry is not a romance tale so Alex will not find mister right , it's just basically about her hight school life . So no romance