Chapter 1: Emerald and Mercury

In the city of Vale, 2 teenagers were walking around. One was a girl with dark skin, red eyes, black pants, a top that covered all but her arms and belly, black high heels, and 2 bladed revolver pistols. She was a world renowned thief, but only her friends knew that. The other was a boy with greyish hair, a black jumpsuit, a grey jacket, and boots with guns on them. "Yo, Emerald, Mercury!" cried a voice. The teens turned and saw a man in a suit with a tie, a sailor with an eye patch over his right eye and a pipe in his mouth, and a little spider. "Remind me what we're doing again?" asked Barley. He then saw that they were in front of a store. He read the sign and said, "Oh."

The 5 walked in and a voice said, "Be there in a minute!" Mercury looked for some comics while Charlie looked for novel books, Barley looked for stories of sea tales, and Edgar just looked at a fairytale called "The Four Maidens." "Welcome to Tuckson's Book Trade, Home to every book under the sun. How can I,..." Tuckson stopped when he saw who was in the store. He then continued, "...help you?" "I'm looking for a book," said Emerald, "Do you have the 'Butcher and the Maid'?" "Yes we do," said Tuckson, "would you like a copy?" "No, just wondering." "Hey, you got any comics?" asked Mercury. "Do you also have some stories of sea monsters and pirates?" asked Barley. "Toward the front for the comics, and here on the left for the pirates stories," answered Tuckson. "Thanks," said Barley. "What about the 'The Legend of World'?" "He's got that," said Charlie, "Paper and hardcover." Meanwhile, Edgar was reading his fairytale, and he looked at it strangely. "Huh," thought the spider, "There are some major differences in this version and the one on Earth." "Oh," said Emerald, "What about 'The Third Crusader'?" "I'm afraid we don't have that," said Tuckson. Barley then closed his book very loudly and asked "What was the name of this store again?" "Tuckson's Book Trade, Home to Every Book Under the Sun," said Tuckson. "Except 'The Third Crusader'," said Emerald. "It's just a catchphrase." "You know," said Charlie, as he locked the door and Mercury and Barley closed the blinds, "You really shouldn't make promises you can't keep. The White Fang is not happy to hear you leaving to,... where was it? Oh yeah, Vacuo, on the other side of the world." "You know who we are?" asked Emerald. "Yes," said Tuckson. "Do you know why we are here?" "Yes." "And are you going to fight?" Tuckson then brought out his claws and said "YES!" He then jumped at Emerald, and she ducked, and Mercury shot Tuckson in the face with his gun boots.

After cleaning up the mess, the 5 left the building, with a few souvenirs. "What are those for?" asked Emerald. "What?" asked Mercury, who had a comic book in his hand "I like the pictures." "I like exciting stories," said Charlie who had 'The Caped Avenger' in his hands. "I like sea tales," said Barley, who had a copy of 'Pirates of the Seas'. "I have this so I can talk to Cinder about our version," said Edgar, as he held up the Fairytale book. "Why do you have that, Eddie?" asked Charlie "It's a story called 'The Four Maidens'." "Wait, isn't it supposed to be 'The Five Maidens'?" asked Barley. "That's what I'm gonna talk about," responded Edgar.