Chapter 7: The Masquerade Party

Sunday, the dance had arrived and it was beautiful. Gamma stood guard at the entrance to let only students and staff into the dance while Yang greeted them from the inside. Ruby was having trouble walking in her heels. Weiss was happy to see everyone together. Bendy and Alice were dancing together, and so were Alex and Esther, but they had not much success since Esther had no arms or legs. Kathy and Steve were having a good time talking with Ren and Nora. Silhouette was having conversations with some of the big bruiser students, asking how well he can fight. Outside, Sun was trying to get used to his tie. "Stupid neck trap," he complained. "You will need the tie if you wish to enter, Comrade Sun," said Gamma. "I knew you'd look better with a tie," said a voice. The Faunus and Dalek turned to see Blake in a beautiful dress. She walked up to Sun and he said, "So we're going together?" "My first dance is spoken for me," replied Blake. The two walked in and danced while having fun. Bendy, Alice, Boris, Ruby, Weiss, Silhouette and Yang saw Blake dancing with Sun. "Mission accomplished," said Silhouette. "So what do we do now?" asked Boris. Bendy then took Alice's hand and said, "Have fun." "Does this mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood?!" cried Ruby, but no one answered. "Stupid lady stilts." "Are you enjoying yourself Ms. Rose?" asked Ozpin as he walked up to Ruby. "You know, dancing and fighting aren't all that different. Two people interlocked with each other, and they corporate with each other. But one wrong step could lead to a broken foot." "Or a swollen ankle," said Ruby. "Be that as it may," continued Ozpin, "you can't spend your whole life on the battlefield. Even if you want to, you must take breaks for those you care about." Ozpin then left with Ruby thinking to herself.

Nora and Ren were talking with Kathy and Steve. "So wait," said Nora, "Steve hacked the drone, so it would show pictures of him as a baby?" "Yeap," said Kathy, "Bart still hasn't forgiven him for it! He's still a baby, despite not wearing Adult Diapers!" The four laughed at the joke. "Hello there," said Glynda. "Oh hello, Ms. Goodwitch," said Steve, "We were just talking about past adventures we had." "I see," said the professor, "Well, I hope you all have a good time." She then walked over to Ozpin.

Boris decided to join Ruby and Jaune at the punch bowl. "So," said the wolf, "you guys didn't get a date either?" "No," said Ruby, "we just decided to just come for the fun." "Well," said Jaune, "Here's to the socially awkward." The three then clinked their cups together. "You know," said Boris, "I could've sworn you would've come to the dance with Pyrrha, Jaune." "What?" asked Jaune, "Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?" "Actually, I think you'd actually have a chance with her," said a voice. The three friends turned and saw Bendy walking up to them. "Hey guys," said Bendy, "How are you all doing?" "We're doing great bud," said Boris, "Where's Alice?" "Oh, she wanted to catch up on things with Esther and Kathy, so Alex and Steve joined Silhouette with his fighting conversations." Bendy then got some punch and said to Jaune, "I'm sorry that your luck with Weiss didn't work out." "It's okay," said Jaune, "I understand why she went with Neptune." "What do you mean?" asked Bendy. "I mean not many people can pull off blue hair," replied Jaune. "No," said Bendy, "I mean Weiss came to the dance alone." Jaune then spit his punch out and saw Weiss trying to make a flower stand with the rest in the vase. He then looked over to Neptune talking with Blake and Sun. "Hold my punch," said Jaune, as he gave his punch to Boris and walked over to Neptune. The three watched Jaune walk over as Boris took a sip from Jaune's cup.

Jaune walked over to Neptune, but he saw Pyrrha walking by herself. He followed her to the balcony. "Hey Pyrrha," said Jaune, "You look beautiful tonight." "Thank you Jaune," said Pyrrha. "Is your date gonna kill me?" asked Jaune. "I think your safe Jaune," replied Pyrrha. "Oh, is he a very forgiving guy?" "There is no guy Jaune." "WHAT!? But you're Pyrrha Nikos, how could you not have a date?" "When you become a celebrity, people place you on a pedestal. They treat you like something that shouldn't be played with. Nobody asked me to come with me to the dance Jaune. They feel like I'm too good for them. That's why I wanted to come with you. You saw me as just Pyrrha Nikos, not Pyrrha Nikos the four time Mistral Champion." Pyrrha then walked away. It was at this moment that Jaune knew, he fucked up. He was totally oblivious to her feelings towards him. After Pyrrha left, Neptune came up and said, "Great party. Cute girls too." "Is that all you think about?" asked Jaune, "Do you even care about the girls you talk to? I mean, how could you turn her down like that?" "What?" asked Neptune, "What do you mean?" "Weiss! How could you turn her down to coming to the dance?" "I can't dance." "What?" "I don't know how to dance." "But you're so cool Neptune. How could you not know how to dance?" "I'm just afraid of what she'll think of me." "Then just talk to her. No pick up lines, no being cool. Just be yourself. I heard that's the way to go." Neptune then looked at Jaune with an amazed look like he never thought that he should just be himself. "Thanks Jaune," said Neptune, "You know, you're pretty cool yourself." "Oh," said Jaune, "don't go lying to my face." Neptune then walked off to talk with Weiss. "Well," said Jaune, "there's only one thing left to do."