Chapter 6: Pasts Relived

Ruby was sulking about Blake not coming to the dance. The Dream Team was currently getting the Ball Room ready for the dance tomorrow. Ruby was just sitting at a table when Weiss came and put two clothes in front of her. "I need your help," said Weiss, "Which table cloth looks better." "Um," said Ruby, "aren't they both the same?" "I told you that earlier!" said Alex from the other side of the Ball Room. "I don't even know why I asked you," complained Weiss. She then walked away and Bendy came up to Ruby and said, "Rubes, why so sad? We're all gonna have fun tonight." "What's the point if Blake won't come?" asked Ruby. "Okay, you got me there," answered Bendy. "Oh don't worry," said Yang, "she will come. Silhouette and I just need to talk to her. WEISS! I thought we agreed on no dollies!" "If I don't get dollies, you don't get a fog machine," countered Weiss. "The dance is going to have a fog machine?" asked Neptune as he and Sun walked in. "Oh hey Sun and Neptune," said Steve, "are you coming to the dance?" "Yeap," said Sun. "What are you going to be wearing?" asked Kathy. "Um, this," said Sun, gesturing to his casual clothes. "Primate Faunus' clothing is not applied to the dress code of the dance," Gamma pointed out. "Exactly," said Neptune, "he doesn't know what he speaks of." "Hey," said Sun, "I might be going to Mistral for school, but I was born in Vacuo, not exactly a shirt kind of place." "Hey Yang," said Silhouette to the blonde, "I think we should put our plan into motion." The two then walked off to find Blake.

Jaune and Pyrrha were up on the roof training. "Well done Jaune," said Pyrrha, "you've certainly improved." "Thanks," said Jaune. He then sighed. "Jaune," asked Pyrrha, "is something wrong?" "I asked Weiss to the dance," said Jaune, "But she shot me down. I've tried everything, I was cool, I was fearless. My dad said girls look for courage in boys." "Then just be yourself," said Pyrrha, "No pick up lines, no acting cool. There are always plenty of fish in the sea." "Yeah," said Jaune, "I bet you have boys asking you all the time. If you don't have a date to the dance, I'll wear a dress." Jaune then looked to Pyrrha and said, "Thank you for the advice. You're a great friend Pyrrha." "So are you Jaune," replied Pyrrha as the two walked back into their dorm.

Blake was in the library looking at the computer screen intently, when a red dot appeared on the screen. She suppressed the need to bat at it and returned to her research. The dot then reappeared and she followed it to find Yang and Silhouette. "HELLO!" sang Yang. "What the," said Blake as Yang grabbed her arm and Silhouette took out the Green Chaos Emerald. "We need to talk," said Yang. "CHAOS CONTROL!" shouted Silhouette and he teleported the three into an empty classroom. "Look, if you're here to tell me to stop, you both are just wasting your breath," said Blake. "Just listen to what we have to say," said Silhouette. "Okay," said Blake. Yang then told Blake a story about her. "Ruby and I grew up on Patch, an island just north of Vale. Our mom's name was Summer Rose. She was like Super Mom. Baker of cookies, and slayer of giant monsters. One day, she went for a mission and never came back. Ruby couldn't stop crying for days, but dad was even more devastated." "Why?" asked Silhouette, even though he thought he knew the answer. "This wasn't the first love dad lost. The first," Yang then paused and said, "was MY mom." Blake and Silhouette looked at Yang in surprise. "You and Ruby are only half sisters?" he asked. "Yes," replied Yang. "Why did she leave?" asked Blake. "That question," continued Yang, "I asked my dad. He just said that she left a few days after I was born. She left without a word or any trace. One day, I found something that I thought might lead me to her. I put Ruby in a wagon and I set off to find her. We traveled for days, and the road was rough, but I kept pushing myself to get there. After a few days, I then saw what looked like an old house. I was covered in cuts and bruises, but I had made it. Then, those evil eyes appeared. They looked at us. So there we were, a toddler asleep in a wagon and a girl too exhausted to even cry for help. Our lives should have ended that day had it not been for the arrival of our Uncle Qrow." Yang then started to have small tears roll down her face. Blake and Silhouette looked at Yang with a new form of respect and sorrow. "Yang," said Blake, as she hugged Yang, "I'm so sorry that happened to you. I understand what you're trying to say, but this is different." "Is it?" asked Silhouette, "from my perspective, I can see that what you're doing will end in the same way Yang ended up in, except no one will be there to help you." "You don't understand," said Blake, "I'm the only one who can stop them!" "I used to think that too Blake," said Silhouette, "I used to say only I can stop evil on my own, but deep down, I was doing it because I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. Bendy and his friends then helped me realize that I was hurting them more by pushing them away than any wound ever could." Yang then hugged Blake and said, "We're not asking you to stop. I haven't stopped trying to find my mom. We're just asking you to slow down, just for the night. You're going to kill yourself if you keep this up. Please think about others before you do this again. Take it easy, not for yourself, but for those who love you." Blake then thought for a minute and said, "Okay, I'll do it for you guys." "Thank you Blake," said Yang, "Right now, you need to get some sleep." Yang and Silhouette helped Blake back to the Team RWBY Dorm.