Chapter 6

Newt POV 

     "Gally." Thomas snarls, his voice drenched in venom. I look over at Thomas, and if looks could kill, Gally would be six feet under the ground by now. 

     Suddenly, Thomas storms forward and slams his fist into Gally's face. Gally staggers back, and falls to the ground. Thomas immediately goes over to him, and pins him to the ground. 

     I finally snap out of the shock of seeing someone I thought was dead come back to life, and run over to Thomas. I crouch down beside him and try to look him in the eyes, but he's still glaring daggers at Gally. 

     "Thomas, stop." I say as calmly as possible, as Thomas is preparing himself to hit Gally again. "He killed Chuck." Thomas hisses, still keeping his hate filled eyes on Gally. "Yes, I remember. I was there." I say, remembering the horror struck expression on the dying boy's face. "And I also remember that Gally was half out of his mind when he did so." Thomas doesn't move, but he doesn't try to attack Gally again, he just glares down at him. 

     "Come on." I say, starting to loose patience. I get up, and practically pull Thomas off of Gally. 

     Once he is a safe distance away from him, Gally gets up with a regretful expression on his face. "Yeah, I probably had that coming." He mutters, then looks at each of us. "Anyone else?" He asks, only half sarcastically. "Newt, Frypan, Casey?" I frown at him. "How are you alive? We watched you die." I demand, feeling very confused. "No. You left me to die." Gally says firmly, but not angrily. "After you all left, I was brought in by these people. They patched my up, and here I am, safe and away from the maze." 

     I look over at Casey, who looks just as bewildered as I feel. "Anyway, so what are you doing here? And where's everyone else?" Gally asks, looking at us curiously. "This is all that's left of us." I explain. "We're here to find a way into the city, to get Minho back. And also to take down Wicked." Gally gives me a thoughtful look. "I think I can help with that." He says. "Follow me." 

     "I'm not going anywhere with you." Thomas growls, still giving Gally the death glare. I look over at Thomas. "This is the only chance we got to save Minho." I say, impatience edging my voice. 

     Reluctantly, Thomas follows us to wherever Gally is taking us. I just really hope he can get us into the city, and he's not going to just betray us again.