Chapter 9

Friday, June 29th, 2012

8:00pm

“So where are you guys going again?” my little sister Taylor asked for the tenth time.

“Why do you care so much!?” I yelled back.

“Woah, (YN), calm down,” Justin said as he put his arm in front of me to stop me, “We’re going to a friend’s house sweetie.”

He bent down to get height and talked to her. I couldn’t understand how Justin was so nice to them. Sometimes I absolutely could not stand my sisters. All day they had been bugging us, and for the first time since I’d been with Justin, I wanted to be alone with him. Weird, right? Well it was true. Luckily we were standing by the door getting ready to leave for the bonfire. It was on the other side of town and Justin volunteered to drive there.

We got ready way early so we had just been sitting around the house doing nothing. I just wanted to get out of here and stay out of here; at least until everyone was sleeping.

“Be back by at least 3, okay?” my mom yelled behind us.

“Alright mom love you, bye!”

Justin shut the door behind us and he even opened my door for me when we got to the car. What a gentleman… I was surprised, but at the same time I wasn’t. We pulled out of the driveway and I dialed Tyler’s number right away.

“Hey girl!” he answered.

“Hey Tyler, what are you up to?” I asked.

“On my way to Ade’s party, you? How’s Atlanta?”

“Actually, I’m taking a little break. I’m on my way to Ade’s party too, with Justin.”

“Girl! I can’t wait to see you there, oh and Justin, oh la la, gotta go, bye!”

He hung up the phone and I just shook my head and laughed. He always made my day, or night, same thing. I directed Justin to Ade’s party and soon enough we were there. We parked on the street and when we stepped out of the car, I took Justin’s hand in mine and we headed towards her house. We just went through the gates around back and everyone was already sitting around the fire talking. There were quite a few people there, actually a lot, and they all looked over to us. I held Justin’s hand tight and we made our way around the pool to the people around the fire.

“Hey guys!” I said with a smile.

Ade stood up right away and ran and hugged me. I couldn’t help but laugh and stumble back a little. She let go and turned her attention to Justin, like everyone else.

“Ade, everyone, this is… well Justin.”

Justin waved and weakly said hello. I could tell that he felt kind of awkward, but it’s not like he was left out. Everyone loved him and half of these people were 18; his age exactly.

“Wow, you didn’t tell me you were bringing a celebrity. So this is what you did all summer?” she asked with a smirk.

“Hey! I thought you hated him!” someone else yelled.

“Well,” I looked up at Justin who looked like he was holding back a laugh, “now we’re dating.”

Everyone accepted him as we went and sat down and just sat around the fire. Ade made me sit on Justin’s lap because there were no other chairs. I just went along with it, making sure it seemed like we were together. We all sat around talking, and Justin talked way more than me. He kept showing off, but it was cute. People took pictures with him and posted them on their Instagrams and everything like that. We were actually having a great time!