Chapter 2

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012

3:30pm

We stopped in the parking lot of a very large building. My mom was all smiles while I was really confused and worried. I looked around at the full parking lot, there were some expensive cars here. And a lot of them. I took a deep breath of cold air as we stepped in the building. While we sat in the elevator, I spoke to the mysterious guy.

"Where the hell are we?" I asked him.

"(YN)." My mom stated.

She didn't care if I swore around her, but around others she always gave me the 'be polite or else' look. I just rolled my eyes and turned back to this guy.

"Well (YN), my names Scott and we are here."

Just as he motioned his arms, the doors opened to a long decorated hallway. I barely got to take a look before I was dragged into a room and sat down one couch. Scott turned to me and shot me a million-dollar smile.

"So I hear that you're a pretty good singer?" He asked.

Oh god. I turned to my mom and gave her a look this time. She did NOT set me up to sing for someone, did she? I wanted to strangle her at the moment, but I knew that that wasn't 'professional' and 'polite'. I turned back to Scott and smiled.

"Not in front of people, I'm not that good anyways."

"So you won't sing for me?"

I took a deep breath and looked from my mom to back to him. I didn't want to, but my mom had gone through so much that I needed to do it this once. I looked around the room for the first time to see that we were in a studio. There was a room with glass and a door separating it from us. There was also a large panel of many buttons before us.

"What should I sing?" I asked.

"Whatever you like."

He leaned in forward like he was interested, which made me even more nervous. I tried to hide my blushing as I took multiple deep breaths.

"Two things: Mom, you have to leave, and Scott, can you turn around?"

They both did what I said without any objections and I felt less pressured. I began with a song that I was familiar with, and hopefully he was too. With his back turned to me, I began to sing.

"I miss those blue eyes, how you kiss me at night.. I miss the way we sleep. Like there's no sunrise, like the taste of your smile I miss the way we breathe..."

I paused but continued, knowing that he was still listening. I couldn't tell if he liked it as I sang, but I was crazy scared of his criticism. Yet, I couldn't tell by his expressions at all.

"And now I miss everything about you... I can't believe it, I still want you... After all the things we've been through, I miss everything about you Without you, whoa..."

I finished up the song by trailing off my voice from the last note. He clapped obnoxiously and loudly as he turned around in his chair with a smile on his face. It was obvious now that he liked it. I couldn't help but blush and look down.

"That was ah-mazing. Your voice is so- I can't even find the right words to explain it. You have got talent kid."

"I like to think of myself as an adult, but thanks." I laughed.

He laughed along with me and mumbled something under his breath. I didn't quite understand what he said, but obviously it didn't matter that much. My mom came back in the room and we all sat down talked.