6. Percy (edited)

I was walking the halls of the castle, meant to be heading to the same room I had had the interviews in. My father was waiting for me in there so i should have been hurrying up but of course I wasn't. I was dawdling, I hate being alone with him.

He's always either really rude and distant or he's acting like my big brother or something. It was weird, I just hope I had big bro Poseidon on my hands today.

I made my way towards the door and opened it to my father stood in his royal attire. "Come Percy, we have deciding to do," he pulled out a large stack of photos and a set of small scraps of white paper, presumably of the girls in the selection and placed them on the table inside of the door.

"I trust you will make the right decision," he boomed across the cozy room.

He laid out all of the pictures, I laid out all the name tags and we played Mitch-match for a while. Once we had all the girls with there names under their pictures - we began to sort.

It had been almost 2 hours and I still hadn't decided which girls to send home. It was hard, they were all really nice. Except for this one girl. Drew Tanaka. I know! Even her name sounds rude.

She was defiantly leaving. I was not having her rule the kingdom. She was pretty, sure, but that was the only thing about her that was even remotely interesting. She would make it a rule that you had to have broken someone's heart to even be considered part of the kingdom.

The other girls were all pretty much awesome so it took me a while but I had narrowed it down to 7 girls that would be leaving. I only needed five so I was picking 2 to stay. None of the adults in the castle would be in the dining hall when I confronted the people who were going to be leaving.

The 2 I had picked to stay were Amber Nyakina and Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano. They both had a mouthful of a name, but they were pretty cool.

Now we had to order all the girls into the dining hall, again. I swear, if I spend anymore time there, I could tell you every single portrait in the entire room.

I sat down at my usual seat and waited for the rest of the girls to come in.

They all sat down and I stood up. "Hello, 5 girls will be leaving today and it's nothing personal. You were just my least favourites," I could see a few girls were looking uncomfortable.

"I'm just joking! Sorry!" I had the stupidest sense of humour. They all probably thought I was weird.

"Mila Colio, Nikita Rilinder, Lacey Slogan, Natalie Class and Drew Tanaka. Thank you for coming," I watched them stand up and leave. I felt really awful, they probably only wanted money for their families.

I hadn't realised Drew Tanaka hadn't stood up. She was sat stubbornly in her seat. "Drew Tanaka? I have dismissed you from the selection."

The other girls were whispering around her. "No, sorry. I think you've got the wrong girl." She said, she turned back to the girl who was sat next to her and began to talk again. The girl sat there, dumbfounded.

"Miss Tanaka, please exit the building."

"Your highness, I do believe you do not mean me,"

"Drew Tanaka, you will be removed by force if you don't leave now." I said. She stood up, looking flustered and angry.

"How could you not want me?! I am the perfect queen of Perímpeth! All these other girls are just rats, look at her hair! Gross!"

"Miss Tanaka, leave."

The main bodyguard, Clarisse La Rue, walked forward. She wrapped her arms around Drew's body and walked her out.

"You'll pay for this!" She screamed as she was pulled from the dining hall.

The rest of us were dismissed to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day.

I went up to knock on Annabeth's door, she was interesting. I was going to ask her to come out with me until I heard something through the door.

"Where is your life headed, Helen? NOWHERE! YOU ARE 45 YEARS OLD AND TRYING TO DEPRIVE ME OF LIFE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE LEFT TO LIVE!" I heard, it was muffled through the door but it was still loud on my ear.

We weren't meant to have phones in the palace, but I was pretty sure now was not the time for rules.

I made out the bed moving a long the floor. I knocked on the door.

Annabeth's face was dark and she had tears in her eyes, "woah, woah. Annie, you okay?" She didn't say anything, she hurled herself into my arms.

I was surprised, yesterday, she would barely touch me. Now she was hugging me. My shoulder was growing wet from tears.

Two guards walked around the corner, I turned my heads towards them and hoped they would get the message. Scram.

They turned around after eyeing my arms around her slim frame.

She was sobbing quietly, her arms right around my waist. If hugs could stop her crying, I would hold her all night.

I felt her arms unravel from behind my back, and she stood back.

Annabeth was wearing a pair of black leggings, a floral top that reached the bottom of her thighs and a black 'Rolling Stones' jacket. Her hair was in a sort of style that was messy, but in an endearing way.

"Who was that?" My tone came out more worried than sympathetic.

"My dads wife," I got the idea that she was tired, no, emotionally drained. Her eyes were red and puffed out.

"Do you wanna do something? Take your mind off of that woman?" She just nodded. I had the perfect plan. I'm sure it would cheer her up.

Word count: 1007
Good Morning/afternoon/night! Hope you liked this chapter! What do you think Percy is going to do with Annabeth? What do you think Drew is going to do? Have a great day!
3/7/20