13. Annabeth

I woke up in a room full of beeps and bright light

I woke up in a room full of beeps and bright light. A hospital room.

I squeezed open my eyes and saw that I was the one led on the bed, a wire emerging from my hand and the crook of my elbow.

"Lady Annabeth," a boy with yellow blond hair and faded blue eyes with springs of life. "I'm Will, you hit your head rather hard," He - Will - said again.

"Thank you Will. Can I go back to breakfast?"

"I'm sorry, Miss. you can't leave until that gauze on your head stops coming off covered in blood," he replies back.

"Okay, but don't call me miss or lady. It makes me feel old and just weird," I laughed, he smiled at me and nodded.

"Absolutely Annabeth." He walked out the room. I looked around the room, it was pretty basic but obviously expensive, the lights didn't flicker and the room didn't have that hospital-y smell.

On the bedside table next to me was a 3 envelopes with my name on.

The first one was in a plain white envelope, I opened it and 4 different bits of paper flew out onto my lap. The first one was from my father.

Dear Annabeth,

I hope you are doing good, I'm sure I've just forgotten but when did I give you permission to meter the selection? This is the first i hear from you in almost 2 weeks and now I do it's because you've been unconscious for the last day!

I do hope you write to me soon,

Love Dad x

The sending was from Helen and simply read:

Get well soon Annabeth, don't expect me to be happy when you're sent home
Helen

The last 2 were from Bobby and Matthew

Dear Annabeth,

I really hope you get better, then maybe we can go and visit the crab man in Dana Point next summer too. I've missed you, but your clothes don't really fit me or Matthew and army really out style anyway so maybe you should shop more inclusively next time

Love Bobby x

Dear Annabeth,

Haven't missed you much, to be honest. I did miss your book suggestions and your BAS sandwich's. Hope to see you soon.

Matthew xx

The next set of cards came in a bright red envelope. It had a printed message that read:

Dear:

We hope you get well soon and your back at the table with us ASAP! Love, the selected girls ! X

With a mass of signatures of all the selected surrounding the print. My name had been written in after the 'dear' and it had small pictures of lipsticks, handbags and other items of clothing around the paper.