Battle Scars

sorry this took so long. also, the dates prolly aren't accurate, but im too stupid for math

On November 20th, 2020, 12 lives were created, one was saved, and one was endangered yet again.

The bathroom door opened like a normal door would, but to the three, it was like a slow replay. Chiaki's body was normal, except for the countless marks littered around her delicate skin. "I... I'm sorry for keeping all this from you. I know that we're supposed to trust each other as roommates and I should've told Nagito when we were ba-"

Chiaki's scattered apology was cut off by a hug. The touch she hadn't received genuinely in years was being given to her now of all times. The gamer was scared. If her mother knew she was keeping a secret as big as that... she would've been beaten for sure.

Hajime squeezed tight enough to give her safety, but was careful not to harm her. Nagito didn't move. "It isn't if it's my child."
"My child, my rules."
"Um... let's just say I moved here without her knowledge..."

Now he understood. "You didn't do this to yourself, and it wasn't those bullies either, was it?" he asked. His face was blank and sad at the same time. "It was your mom, wasn't it?" Chiaki didn't answer. She didn't have to. Instead, she cried.

When the three were done, Chiaki's wounds, old and new, were covered once again. She told her roommates everything about her old home life and cried a lot in doing so. "Hey, you know what will cheer you up?" Nagito's face lit up and the others turned to face him. "A surprise puppy club party! Since the babies should be born and in the nursery soon."
"Yeah! It's gotta be bigger than the last ones."
"I'll get Teruteru and Ibuki on food and music."
"Right, and Makoto can help me on lights..."
"Hiyoko can dance, definitely."
"Sonia lives with her. Maybe she can help us."
"Right! Chiaki, come to the pool on the deck at 9, okay?" Nagito smiled and ran out of her room, followed by Hajime. She could've sworn his ahoge was literally standing up in excitement. She smiled. "I can't believe... they're doing this for me."

(this title is called battle scars for a reason. these characters aren't allowed happiness for more than a chapter.)

If she was stuck in her room so that the others could plan the party, then she was definitely going to be bored. "Kokichi is probably busy with the party, I'll just talk to Gundham since Sonia knows him. Maybe she's over there too."

Chiaki walled down the endless hallway towards Gundham's room and knocked the door once she got there. "Who could that be? I'll get it, San-D." a feminine voice, most likely Sonia's, answered from behind the thick wood. "Oh! Hello Chiaki. What brings you here today? Come in!" The adventurer let her inside to reveal a little playset that the Four Dark Devas of Destruction were happily running around in.

"Hajime and Nagito are busy with the next meeting, so I got bored and came here." she explained. "That is alright. You can help us with Gundham's Four Dark Devas!" Sonia showed her over to the area and they started playing with the hamsters. (i didn't do much talking because since i can't write any other character, i definitely can't do gundham)

"Chiaki! You in here?" Hajime knocked on the door. "Meeting is in 5." Then he left. "Oh dear, we better get going then. See you soon, Gundham!" Chiaki grabbed her bag and Sonia kissed Gunham on the cheek, then left with the gamer girl to the pool. "What type of swimsuit are you bringing?" Sonia asked. "Oh, just this bik-" she stopped herself. Chiaki had to swim. In a pool. Her scars would be open to everyone and they'd ask questions. It was too late, she just had to go with it.

"I brought a wetsuit since I don't have any other swimsuits. I thought we might go scuba diving since we were going to take a boat." The two laughed and walked into the door, greeted by an over-energetic Angie as always. "Welcome you two! That's everyone then! Hit the lights, please." As told, Keebo and Makoto turned on string lights that hung over the pool and deck. And with that, the party begun.

https://vm.tiktok.com/JN54mc9/ (go to that link for some fun that happened ;))

Nobody questioned the scars Chiaki had on her arms, back, and legs. They were too busy having fun to notice. "Nagito! You're hoggin' the floor!" Akane pushed him into the water and started dancing herself, having fun and jumping into the pool after. "This is just plain fun!" Tsumugi shouted. She spent most of the party swimming or playing with Hiyoko. "Glad you like it!" Hajime responded and then continued to swim.

The music was muffled and quiet, but still present in Miu's room. "Take a break, please. You'll kill yourself working at this rate."

"No thanks, Bakamatsu. You're just gonna make me eat again and there's no time for that!" Miu shouted. This invention was gonna be big, and she couldn't waste time stuffing her face like some fat pig if she wanted to finish it in time. That wasn't who she was. She was the gorgeous girl genius Miu Iruma, with the good looks and golden brain.

She just had to keep it that way.