One step at a time

i was blackmailed into making this

s h i t

It was a calm Saturday morning. Everyone was either sleeping, playing with the puppies, or with each other. A lot of Chiaki's scars had been somewhat healed and covered, and her larger one from the incident at school was healed enough so that she
didn't need the bandages of doom. She also didn't need the awkward cream applications anymore, which was a relief to everyone.

"Hey! I brought you some... food." Kaede walked into her best friend's room to see Miu still working on her invention. She was trying to make a feeder for all the puppies to make the roommates' lives easier, but she had barely eaten or slept for almost 2 days trying to work on it. "I'm a little busy right now, Kayayday." She said, not looking up from her project.

"Miu, I understand that you're working, but you need to take a break. I don't want you to get sick, or lose you." Kaede mumbled the last bit, and thankfully Miu didn't seem to notice. "Fine, since I know you're gonna keep fucking pestering me." She reluctantly covered her project to protect it from dust, then moved to the table with Kaede to eat.

Kaede Akamatsu and Miu Iruma had preferrable bodies and body types, though neither seemed to think that way of themselves. Kaede stopped starving herself after being hospitalized and diagnosed with BDD. Miu, however, didn't seem to notice or care about the fatal outcomes of her constant fasting. She only cared about the way she looked and what she could get done.

"Man, this shit is good!" Miu cackled, then continued to stuff her face. Kaede looked up at her and smiled, which caused Miu to slow down a bit. "Don't embarrass yourself, dumbass! Stop stuffing your fatass like a fucking pig..."

"Hey, Miu?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you do me a favor?"
"Anything."
"Really!"
"Sure, whatever you need."
"Promise me something."
"Promise you what?"
"Promise me that you'll eat at least once every day and sleep for at least 5 hours a day. I don't want you to get hurt."
"..."
"Miu? Please promise..."
"Fine, only because you want me to."

Kaede smiled. "One step at a time." she thought. "One step at a time until I know for sure I won't lose you."

welp, that's the chapter. i was pretty unmotivated to post this but i wanted to get some irumatsu in. also, if you struggle with your body image and/or eating disorder, please seek help or try to make baby steps to fix it on your own if you can't get it. everything will be okay one step at a time :D