𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐝𝐨, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨
𝐢'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

today sam and i are going to the mall to do christmas shopping, which he despises by the way. i put off shopping for as long as possible but christmas is in two weeks so i have to start today.

"do i have to go?" sam asks.

"well no you don't if you don't want to give anyone christmas presents." i reply.

"i mean... i'm ok with that." sam jokes.

"well i'm not going to let you. i don't understand why you don't like giving people presents anyway, it's so great seeing people get all happy when they open up your gift!" i tell him.

"i'm sure you feel that way but i really don't care" sam says.

"you might as well be the grinch," i exclaim, "you wouldn't see the christmas lights on the houses that go all out on decorating, you wouldn't help me decorate yours or my room with decorations, and you wouldn't even make christmas cookies!"

"i just don't understand all the hype about christmas." sam tells me.

"you're unbelievable!" i say with a sigh.

"i'm sorry," sam pouts.

"don't worry, i still love you." i say then automatically slap my hand over my mouth.

"what?" sam asks.

"nothing, i said don't worry, and then i just- i just stopped talking." i stutter.

"no," sam laughs, "you said you love me,"

"no, i didn't." i tell him.

"yes, you did." he argues.

"no, i didn't!" i exclaim.

"you love me." sam chuckles.

"no, i don't! stop it! stop it! stop it!" i say embarrassed.

"don't worry, i love you too." sam says pulling me closer to him.

"you do?" i ask.

"of course i do." he laughs and leans down, pressing a soft kiss against my lips.

"ok well now we've wasted enough time, we need to get to the mall!" i say dragging sam out of the front door.

after a few hours in the mall, and lots of money spent later, i decided it was finally time to go home.

"liv, i can't believe that you bought gifts for that many people." sam says.

"well i feel bad leaving people out!" i reply.

"you bought presents for every person on your street, and you don't even know half of them!" sam laughs.

"ok so maybe i went a little overboard but im spreading joy and you can't put a price on happiness." i say.

"ok then," sam says.

"oh hey i was thinking, when do you think we should tell everyone about us?" i question.

"i don't care, so whenever you're ready." sam tells me.

"ok great, also you should probably know that katie already knows." i say while avoiding eye contact.

"how does katie know?" he asks.

"i told her." i admit.

"when?" sam asks, laughing.

"um like the day after we started dating" i say.

"well i didn't expect that you would keep it a secret from her so i'm not upset." sam tells me.

"you say that like you have no faith in me." i say with fake indignation.

"well did you or did you not tell her after we agreed not to tell anyone?" sam asks.

"ok, true, but best friends are always an exception in secrets." i say and sam just laughs.

𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒
figuring out which part
of this song to use at
the top of this chapter
was SO hard because i
love this song sm 🥺