3

Chance sat through drama as usual, chatting with his friends, and he had forgotten about the altercations he had been in that day, until he walked into the art room. His friends walked in ahead of him, blocking his view, but when he entered the class, he froze in the doorway. Ethan was sitting in the back of the class. 'Shit, I forgot he was going to be here too!' Luckily, Ethan seemed preoccupied with his cell phone, so he didn't notice Chance in the doorway. After leaving his stuff at his desk, Chance went to ask Mr. Creston if they were good to start. "Yeah, you're good to go kiddo. I'll be in my office grading these projects. If anyone needs me, just knock on the door. Or yell, I'll hear it since these walls are very thin." He joked as he stepped into his office and shut the door.

"Alright." Chance began. "So if you're here you volunteered-" a cough interrupted him. All eyes turned toward the back where Ethan was sitting. "Right, not all of us volunteered." Chance muttered. "Anyway, you're here, which means you have to help. Sam's got a paper going around, it's basically an attendance sheet, your names so we know who's here and your phone numbers are so we can add you to our group chat."

"So I'm not sure if this 'club' is going to be continued after I graduate, but even if it is, I want to go out with a bang. I'm not planning on going to prom, but I want to make sure all the students who are get to ask people the right way. Let's start with the DMs. I've been going through them all day and I think we should start with this one." Chance read out the DM and everyone got to work brainstorming. The sign colours, if they'd use party poppers with glitter or streamers - Mr. Creston poked his head in to say that glitter was a no go - would there be music, and a cheesy, but needed slogan to go on the sign. Of course, Ethan didn't really contribute, but he still needed to be assigned to something so Chance decided to make him do the heavy lifting.

"Since you're not going to be helping much with the artistic side, I'll need you to come shopping for the supplies with me when we need them, and you'll be there for every set up. If you decide not to show up for either of those things, we'll have some problems Samuels." The younger grades seemed a bit confused at the seniors stares and whispers, aside from some gossiping juniors. Obviously people were wondering how Ethan would react to that. "Whatever." Is all he said. Chance sighed. 'Thank God we're back to normal behaviour.

The students worked out their supply lists and started sketching out designs, Mr. Creston even taking time to see what the students had accomplished so far. At around five o'clock, the students were packed up and heading home. Ethan had been the first to leave the classroom, and it was now empty aside from Chance and Mr. Creston. "Are you almost done kid?" His teacher asked. "Well..." Chance sighed, standing from the desk he was at. "I want to double check our supply lists before I go. Just to be sure when we come in tomorrow, we'll have what we need to start set out. I have to go shopping after the meeting tomorrow." He rambled, making mental notes to do those things when the time came.

"Alright kid. I'll lock the door, so just close it on your way out. Don't get caught, or else I'll be in trouble!" Mr. Creston laughed, as he made his way to the door. "Thanks sir. Have a good night." "You too kiddo." And he was gone. Chance was just about done the lists when he heard a chair get pulled out from in front of him. He looked up, and low and behold, Ethan was sitting there with his feet on the desk, and a smirk on his face. "Whatcha doin' there Chancey?" He chuckled when Chance's face flushed. "What're you still doing here?" Chance sputtered, not expecting to have to be alone with Ethan again.

"Waiting for you." Ethan said nonchalantly, as if he said it every day. Chance wondered if that was a blush he saw on Ethan's face, or if he was just seeing things. He decided it was the latter, and formed a coherent response. "W-Why?" Was all he could come up with. Idiot. Ethan chuckled, and shifted so he and Chance were face to face. "I saw that your friends left. Don't know why, but I'm offering you a ride home." Chance didn't know how to respond.

Sam had driven Maggie home, and Zack walked since he lived right next to the school. Chance was just gonna take the bus, but that could take an hour, and walking would be even longer. "Fine. I need to talk to you about tomorrow anyway." Chance muttered, packing his backpack, and leaving the supplies he'd checked off his list in a cupboard he dedicated to the Promposals. "Perfect. I need to talk to you too." Ethan smirked at Chance's confused expression. "Should I be worried?" Chance asked as they walked out of the classroom and closed the door. "Maybe, maybe not." Ethan answered as they neared the exit.

Chance was apprehensive, but still walked with Ethan to his car. He drove a beat up Honda Civic this was no doubt a used car. Most of the other football team members drove sports cars if they had one, so this was a rare sight to see. Chance opened the door to a messy car. Papers and wrappers were all over the passenger seat. "Ah shit, sorry." Ethan mumbled, slightly embarrassed as he quickly cleaned off the seat. "This thing's always been a mess. Here, sit." He said, patting the passenger seat. Chance explained that Ethan would have to wait for him after school, kind of like he had that day, and they would go to Walmart after for the supplies. "So what'd you wanna talk about anyway?" Chance asked. "Well I still kind of wanna know what's going on with you. You were practically red when I stopped you in the hallway. Are you sick or something?" Ethan pestered. "Yeah something like that." Chance mumbled. As they pulled up to Chance's house, Ethan chuckled. "Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then Chancey. You have my number so text me if you need to tell me anything else." Chance got out of the car and walked up to his door. He didn't look back at the car until he heard it pull away. By the time he did, the car was already down the street. He sighed and went inside, yelling "I'm home!" To let his parents know he was there.