My Heart Beats for You

Marinette POV

"Girl? Girl!" 

"Huh?!" My head snapped up at attention. "What?" I had been a bit preoccupied with reminiscing over last night. I realized I was even biting my lip.

"I was going to ask how the album was, but it seems I have my answer." Alya smirked at me.

"Oh, yeah. It was great." She raised her eyebrow at me and gave Adrien, who was looking into the distance with a smile, a glance.

"Uh huh. I bet." I hit her.

"Knock it off. I was just listening to music." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay girl." Across the way I saw Chloe meekly walk up to Dawn. It looked like she was apologizing? It didn't look like her normal snide remarks. Dawn smiled, patted her shoulder,  and said something to her. Chloe smiled in response. Huh, I guess HeartBreak did some good. 

Class passed by pretty quickly, but I wasn't really paying attention. Cat Noir and I had set up a time to plan how to take down HawkMoth. I was so excited to meet up with him after last night. Butterflies were swarming in my chest. We are gonna to get HawkMoth! We're gonna be able to be together for real! 

I plopped onto my bed. Tikki flew out of my bag. "Are we ever going to talk about last night?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"Everything! You and Cat Noir are together? You're planning to fight HawkMoth? You kissed? You're going to reveal your identities?"

"Don't try to stop me Tikki. We're going to do it, no matter what you say."

"I'm not trying to stop you Marinette. I want you and Cat Noir to be happy. I'm just surprised. How are you going to do it?"

"I don't know. I'm just tired of waiting for Paris to be in danger to see him. We might be able you go on a real date!" Tikki smiled at me.

"I'm really happy for you Marinette."

I looked out the window wistfully. "Me too Tikki." I glanced at my clock. "It's time to see him." Tikki squealed. "Tikki! Spots On!" I yoyoed to the meeting spot as quickly as possible, and some how he still got here before me.

"Hello Kitten." Electricity ran up my spine when I saw him. He stepped forward to me and held my hand.

"Hey Bugaboo. Mind if I....?" He rubbed his neck and glanced away nervously. I grinned ear to ear and nodded. He cupped my cheek and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around him and savored the taste of his lips on mine. This moment set itself into my mind, and I silently promised myself to remember this forever. I had to come up for air. 

"Come on Kitty, we have to make our plan." He sighed and ran his thumb across my bottom lip.

"Okay M'lady." 

I pointed my finger at his nose. "Stop trying to tempt me. This was your idea."

"I know. You're just so distracting." I smacked his arm.

"Focus!" We both sat down, chatting about how we were going to find and defeat HawkMoth.  After a while, we had a fully fleshed out plan, but neither of us moved.

"So, that's everything, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied, scooting closer to me.

"So, should we get going?" I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him to ask me to stay.

"Well, I don't think we have to do that. I think we have plenty more to do." He laced his fingers through mine.

"Oh?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"Oh, I don't know. This." He put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me. I laughed against his lips.

"What?" He separated and looked at me.

"Nothing. I just can't wait to see you without the mask."

"I'm an open book. I never wear a mask when I'm with you."

I laughed, and stroked my finger down the side of his face. "Aside from this one, you mean?"

"Come on! You know what I mean." He held my hand to his face. "You've seen me as my most true self. It doesn't matter when you see me as who I masquerade as in civilian life, as long as you know I love you."

"I know. I just don't want to have our only dates be kisses on random rooftops."

"Hey! What's wrong with my kisses?"

"Nothing! It's just that if we went to went the movies, we could kiss in more comfortable seats."

"Well, what about I bring cushions tomorrow?"

"It's a date." I gave him one last kiss, and stood to return home and nurse the butterflies in my stomach.