Chapter 42

This is it.

They all rushed to get their weapons and drove with three separate vans headed to OXE's headquarter.

"Yuta and Johnny stay at the rooftop of the other building and Chenle, make sure that the police knew where we are."

"Haechan, lead Dream at the back and Kun, guard with Xiaojun and Sicheng outside while the rest will follow me."

Taeyong instructed his members and they all got into position. Holding up their guns and knives, some of the members went inside as Taeyong lead them.

Haechan lead the other dream members as they went at the back of the building.

His palm was sweating from the mixed emotions of excitement and nervousness as they entered through the door.

"Jisung, look out!" Renjun shouted as he saw a man pointing his gun towards them; particularly at Jisung.

Jisung was quick to move as he dodged the bullet and all of them ducked while Haechan tried to aim the man.

Multiple men came out of the room which made them all stand up and shoot the enemies.

It was pretty easy for them since most of the men didn't have any weapons with them.

"Nice one Jeno." Haechan smiled at him but Jeno ignored the guy and walked away.

...

"Sir! Nct entered the building!" A man shouted as he clutched his leg that was shot by an Nct member.

"What!?" The man quickly got out of his chair and took his gun, passing one on the guy.

"Alert everyone! How dare they come without notice!?"

The man growled as veins popped out of his neck. He felt anger as his secretary told him the wrong information about Nct coming.

"Tsk. The war is on, Lee Soo Man."

...

She ran until her legs felt wobbly; noticing the vans parked near the building, the girl ran faster as she clutched the gun harder on her hands.

"H-Haerin!? What are you doing here!?"

Xiaojun yelled at the girl who huffed for air near them.

"No t-time to explain. Bye." Haerin ran inside, her guts telling her where to go.

"Haerin wait!"

She walked on the dark corners of the building, finding some of the members who endlessly fight with some of their enemies.

She ignored them and walked further, trying to find the boy she has been looking for all day.

"Haerin!?" She looked back, holding the gun higher in attempt to shoot but the sight of the boy made her gaze soften.

"Jen-"

"What are you doing here!?"

"I trained! I need to help y-"

"What the fuck!? What are y-"

A groan escaped Haechan's lips as he clutched his right leg, alerting everyone that he was shot; the members surrounded him for protection and searched for the culprit.

"Haechan!" Haerin ran to the boy and checked the wound on his leg.

"Go! Run." He coughed out as he held his leg; his eyes closed shut form the pain as he urged the girl to go.

Another gunshot was heard and a loud thud echoed through the room as Jaemin shot the man who shot Haechan on the leg.

"No. No I won't leave."

Haerin unbuckled her belt and tied it on Haechan's leg, preventing the blood to ooze out.

"Just go wait outside! It's dangerous here!"

"I can't... and I won't."

"What!? Please just go." Haechan screeched as he thought for the safety of the girl.

The nausea once again hunting him and the pain in his leg made it feel worse together with the stubborn girl.

"I-i made a promise with someone." Haerin held Haechan's cheek as tears fell from her own.

"And that is to stay with you no matter what happens."

...