Sadness Can Be Deadly

It's been two long terrible weeks since me and Barry got into that fight we haven't talked since I even quit my job which is so hard for I love my job almost as much as I love Barry.

After my morning workout or as I call it punching my frustrations away when my phone started to ring. I pick up my phone when I see it was Daisy calling. The first thing I here on the other end of the phone is crying.

"Daisy what's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Hunt it's Lincoln he's... he's dead." Daisy says sobbing. Not long after we were both balling our eyes out.

"What...(sniffle) happened." I sniffle.

"There was a bomb big enough to destroy all of New York we couldn't disarm it so we put it in a functional alien space ship. I was going to sacrifice myself but he did it behind my back. I have to go I'm leaving shield." She tells me I could hear the heart break in her voice.

"Bye Dais." As soon as she hangs up I loose all control of my tears.

After ten minutes I decide to try and Barry because he's always been the only one who can calm me down when I'm sad, but the phone only rang.

"Hi you've reached Barry Allen Sorry I can't get to the phone right now or if this is Hunter I just need some time to figure how I feel. Please leave a message after the beep." Barry's voice recording says.

"B-bbarry I I know you need time but I need you my trainer Lincoln d-died." I say between sobs.

Barry's P.O.V.

I lay mopping in my bed thinking about Hunter's side in the fight when my phone starts to ring. I look at the caller Id it wa Hunter. I let my phone go to voicemail. I try to resist listening to it but I give in after 10 minutes.

"B-bbarry I I know you need time but I need you my trainer Lincoln ddied." She sobbed.

"Oh god." I say before I spend to Stark hill where Hunter's mansion is and knock on the door.

"Who is it." She sniffles.

"It's Barry!" I say and she slowly opens the door and I pull her into a hug. I've missed her so much no matter how angry I am with her I can't stay away from her because I love her.

"I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone but when I listened to it I downloaded the Harry Potter movies and bought us oreos, vanila and mint chocolate chip ice cream all your favourite to eat and watch when you are sad." I tell her

"Will you stay with me?" She asks thinking I was going to abandon her.

"Of course I will! I may be mad that you didn't tell me about the reverse flash but if I want to be with you I have to get over it and you need me what kind of a boyfriend would I be if I didn't take care of my girlfriend when she is sad." I tell her passionately.

"he made me promise not to tell but I was trying to give you hints as to who the reverse flash is." She tells me. I could feel my anger going up.

"Let's not talk about him right now" I say taking a deep breath and put my hand on her shoulder. "I'll get you some tissues and get us some ice cream then cue up our movie."

halfway through the movie and half a pint of ice cream later me and Hunt were fast asleep on her couch.

Hunter's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of Barry's phone I pick up the phone. I quickly answer the phone when I see it was Caitlin.

"Hi Caitlin." I say into the phone my voice a little rough sounding from crying.

"Hunter we need you and Barry the Pied Piper has escaped." Caitlin says in a panic.

"Barry wake up we need to get to star labs!" I tell him urgently.

"Why?" Barry asks tiredly.

"Someone escaped the from the pipeline!" The next think I know what Barry running with me in his arm to S.T.A.R. Labs.

We get to S.T.A.R. Labs and once Barry put me down and my depth perception was back to normal I see Cisco laying in med bay.

"What happened? Is Cisco okay?What did the meta do to him?" I ask Caitlin.

"Hartley isn't a meta but he used his hearing aids to amplify sound waves to create an expression. As for Cisco his ears are ringing and he has a nasty concussion but he'll be fine." Caitlin tells me

"That's good." I say Happily.

"So me and doctor Wells have been talking and we think it would be best if you're just Barry's back up for now since no one knows about you." Caitlin tells me and Barry right before he flashed to where we believe Hartley is.

"Why are you being so nice?" I ask once Barry's gone

"Obviously Barry has forgiven you so I don't really have a right to be mad." She says.

"I don't really know if Barry has forgiven me. A friend of mine past away I found out this morning and I called Barry and he came running the only thing Barry has said about our fight is not to talk about it." I tell her.

"It will work itself out soon enough." She says.

Barry has been gone for twenty minutes when we hear him screaming in pain.

"His vitals are dropping" Caitlin says.

I could feel my grief caused by Lincoln's death and my fear of loosing Barry combining and I could feel myself loosing control but not in my normal way of shooting off little bursts of electricity.

This was how I imagined Uncle Bruce felt when he was becoming the Hulk.

My body started running without me telling it to. It was like the only thing I could control was my eyes and ears. When my body stopped running everything went white.

The next thing I know I'm shooting balls of electricity at Hartley who was laying defenceless on the ground and Barry was yelling at me telling me I needed to stop or I was going to kill Hartley it was then that I regained control and I could stand the fear in Hartley and Barry's eyes so I got out of there as fast as possible.