^ 04

04 | ushiwaka

"Live up to your name if you're an all-around libero

"Live up to your name if you're an all-around libero. Do it one more time, will you?-

SATORI GLANCED AT (Y/N) WHO NOW WAS BENDING HER KNEES TO RECEIVE THE BALL, MAKING A SOUND OF 'POM' WHEN IT LANDED IN HER ELBOWS.

Reon, on the other hand,was suprised that the girl they met just a day ago, are somewhat their 'demon coach'- but only the fact (y/n) is a girl and much more harsher in her words; but the pro was, she didn't give them huge amount of numbers when they were practicing. Coach Washijo was still out, and left her in charge of their routines just until today.

He felt apologetic for Hayato whom he just spouted several 'don't minds' on the other side of the net while he was spiking for their liberos, and their manager who was teaching
them the best angles to pass the ball upwards.

"Break time's done. Ushijima before you and Satori continue, can you spike for us? And don't hold back, too." (y/n) announced right after Hayato and Touma did ten successful and practically, neat digs.

The two shuddered, their spines full of chills when Ushijima jumped, shoving the ball down-in which Hayato and Touma failed to receive, causing both of the balls to spin in the most opposite ways, and unfortunately-not being to let the ball extend and soar high from each setter's reach.

(y/n) pursed out her lips, getting ahold of Ushijima's impossible spikes, more likely he used his left hand to hit unattainably hard. "One more time. I'll try to receive it."

She then positioned herself, waist hanging low and traced every moment the ball was heading to. (y/n)'s shoes squeaked backwards, twisting her arms and consistenly getting the ball to the air. Hayato hung his mouth when their manager got to receive that damn heavy serve.

"Nice receive!"

"Ouch." The girl mumbled, touching her knees at the slightest when she felt it sting. Ushijima heard her curse; to be most certain, he got closer to the girl and ask instinctively if he went too far, and worse, hurt her.

"Did I go too far?"

"Ah.. uh.. no, absolulety not! Keep serving like that! You're done for today when Hayato and Touma receive that kind of jump serve."

"Are you sure-

"(y/n)-chaaan! I don't know how this tape works!" Satori wailed at (y/n), causing her to laugh when she saw the finger tape wrapped his index up to the pinky. "Satori, if you're going to tape your fingers like that, you can't block any spikes."

"Ehhhhh? Okay but, you receiving Wakatoshi-kun's serve is so cool! And maybe that's what's bothering me.. what school are you in before transferring here?" (y/n) carefully shifted the remaining tape from Satori's hands, and replied;

"Itachiyama."

"Really? That's not your ordinary academy... Am I right?" Satori held his his chin, pretending to have a beard in almost countless anime clips.

"Well, what do I expect from the guess monster?" She shrugged her shoulders and finished wrapping Satori's fingers.

"Guess... monster..?" Ushijima repeated your words that made you smile. He was really clueless, after all.

"Uh-huh. That's his new nickname now. Wait a minute, Ushijima Wakatoshi..Ushijima Wakatoshi, Ushijima Wakatoshi-"

(y/n), their manager who was reciting Ushijima's full name and snapping her fingers everytime she would mention it; the two boys beside watched her with furrowed brows-"USHIWAKA!!!"

She screamed. It seemed all of the people in the gym heard her, and intently looked at her cutely. Oh my god, her screeches sounds good to my ears, the others would say, but honestly, they weren't up for it since they'll be hitting on their coach's granddaughter. Sucks, right?

"I mean, it's short for Ushijima Wakatoshi with the first four letters in his name blended. Kinda suits him, because he's very similar to that warrior guy who has extreme jumping abilities." (y/n) explained to the both of them, while Satori was looking at her with a grin etched on his face. But then, her eyes landed on Reon, whom she also thought to have a nickname on her mind.

"Reon would be Benkei. They really look alike." (y/n) commented with the palms resting in her hips.

"Though...the character doesn't fit me that much.." Reon replied, making the girl whisper to Satori 'he's very humble' to which the guess monster nodded and gave her a thumbs-up pose.

"He's Reon, so I can't change the rules." She giggled, but even so, her face changed to a dim one, clapping her hands that made sure everyone inside the room has her attention.

"No one's going home if Hayato and Touma can't receive a single ball from Ushiwaka's serve."

An hour passed, and the team was comfortably sitting on the benches, waiting a little more time when their liberos finish. Ushijima never cared if he's too tired to serve every 10 seconds, and he was sure that it cost more than a hundred if one would convert it.

The newly discovered nickname of his was the one making him to keep him going, regardless of.