^ 06

06 | 'for starters'

"YOU'RE REALLY QUITE EARLY, DON'T YOU THINK?

"YOU'RE REALLY QUITE EARLY, DON'T YOU THINK? —

"SO ARE YOU, WASHIJO-SAN."  (y/n) halfway glanced at her wrist watch that read '7:18' before hanging her bag on the stainless hook attaching from the desk.

"I'm already getting tired of formalities, but it's an exception for you if that's the case."

"Sorry."

"Pft. Don't dwell on it. Besides, we're getting onto your first ever anime to watch! Since I didn't bring my mangas in one piece. . ." (y/n) let out a distressed sigh as she took her phone out of her pocket.

"What do you think could be recommended for me?" Ushiwaka straightened his current pose on his seat, looking up to the girl who has  alot of odd intentions cracking up her personality- and honestly, it came to the point he thought she was unpredictable.

"Attack on Titan. Action. Fiction, but yeah, of course anime is straight up fiction," she got cut with a loud buzz emanating her hands and eventually settled a few clicks before squealing, "Oh. My. God. Speak of the devil, the last episode on season 2 will be airing later!"

"..."

"Right. For starters, you should watch the first episode to catch up?" She dragged her chair and scooted closer to the boy and handed her left earbud.

The first few minutes of the show was obviously quiet, but Ushijima had tons of questions yet to be answered.

"Is he the protagonist?"

"Uh-huh."

"Are they siblings?"

"Guess."

"Hmm—

"Ushiwaka, you need to watch it so you can find out. I can't spoil you— If I would, then I can't forgive myself."

"Why?"

(y/n) pointed her finger back to the screen, "Shush. It's getting to the good part."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Luckily enough, they finished at least two episodes before the class started. Though (y/n) was excused for the rest of the whole afternoon since signing up for a new club— which journalism is involved, it was a good idea for being a part-time manager in a volleyball club only occurs on afterclass.

"Sorry I'm late. Club activities got overboard today." Tanji, who sat comfortably on the bench had the urge to simply look at his dear granddaughter plopping down next to him.

"Club activities? What club did you join aside from this?" He pressed.

"Student Publication. A Photojournalist here and there."

"And when did you start taking pictures?" The old man didn't remove his firmness echoing on his throat.

"By now?"

"I'll have to break it but that's too much legwork. Don't get too excited. Notify me when your schedules are."

"Don't lump me like my body's functioning that severe. I'm fine, okay? Worrying would make it worse." (y/n) insisted, facing her granddad to know she was sincere enough.

"If I don't keep an eye on you, then who's going to do it?"

"Don't get too excited. Notify me your schedules. Fine, I'll do it. I'm not a problem child so I'm gonna keep up." (y/n) gave up, sighing deep enough to reach the blue abyss sticking in the endless ocean.

"Good. Help Semi do his serves."

Her eyes widened at this, "You're serious, right? Are you sure? No, you're joking." (y/n) only scoffed at the latter.

"You get to touch the ball until I say so. Go now."

"Oh! (y/n)-chan! Where have you been? Me and Wakatoshi-kun were looking for you the whole lunch period!" Satori appeared out of nowhere, making the girl flinch a bit.

"Club act—

"STOP SLACKING AND GET YOUR ASSES BACK ON THE COURT! SEMI, COME HERE AND (Y/N) WILL TEACH YOU ANYTHING HOW TO PINCH SERVE THE RIGHT WAY!"

"He's at it again." (y/n) giggled at Satori who covered his mouth to hide his own chuckles.

hello hi it's been awhile! please be —
warned that this will update randomly at times you'd never expect to.. hehw 😝 oh and also about the next chapters, there'll be a lot of crossovers from other animes 👉🤠👈