^ 07

07 |the game is on

BEFORE THE DAY ENDED YESTERDAY, Y/N MADE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP WHERE ANIME SHOWS CAN BE WATCHED ON USHIJIMA'S PHONE-

AND IT WAS SOMEWHAT INTERESTING. It was like a naïve pet who doesn't know how chaotic can the world be. The wallpaper was plain, and maybe that was still the setting when he bought it. A few apps were installed and not even a speck of entertainment was visible.

"Hey, do you have an account on Facebook? Instagram? Any social media platforms?"

"No... How do you have one?"

Yes... However, this was Ushijima Wakatoshi we are talking about. (y/n) stayed a bit more, and thankfully, she got help from the other boys.

So, the routine began. Everyday at the peak of the sunrise starts to dawn over, (y/n) made sure to be Ushiwaka's google, a walking guide regarding more about the weeb's universe, they say.

(y/n) bought her mangas over, just because the school prohibited phones, on class hours of course. It was wrong to bring her device while eating, right? Talk about table manners.

"(y/n), what episode are we on, The Seven Deadly Sins, was it called or..."

Satori gasped, almost knocking his mouth open, "WAKATOSHI-KUN WATCHES ANIME!!!"

"Satori, don't be too loud." Reon adviced, his eyes making contact to the other students staring at their table.

"WAKATOSHI-KUN~ WATCHES ANIME~ WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU LEARN THAT THING!" Satori continued to shout, shaking Semi's shoulders beside him.

"(y/n) was the one who recommended it to me." Ushiwaka answered him with full honesty.

The girl just nodded, and felt her insides like an avalanche of feelings bubbling up- excitement, pride, you name it.

"Are they the shows airing on tv?" Soekawa tried loosening his grip on what else they were talking about. He doesn't have a knack for those things, but it would be better if he just flowed with his friend, in a good way of course.

"Yeah. But if you feel like watching more, then you can just straight up viewing it on episodes without those annoying ads. Oh I forgot, have you got the announcement already? The schedule for exams is in three days."

"We did..." Almost everyone on the table went pale, except Ushijima who kept his face the same.

"I made tons of reviewers for you all, I'll give them later after practice." She laid her book down the table and at the same time, she also heard sighs of relief belonged obviously from the boys.

"Average scores are fine as long as you won't retake it. Interhigh won't wait for you to finish up answering your remedials. Got that?" (y/n) smiled sweetly, making them stung their tongues.

"Wait.. Where did my mochi go..?" The girl fumbled with her chopsticks inside her lunch box, not until...

"Satori took it." Ushiwaka declared.

"I-mngh.. did not!"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

On the other side of the court, Seijoh was rather eye-catching in those aqua uniforms. 

Rest assured, everyone on the club didn't have to repeat the exams. The last day of Interhigh was today, and not to mention it was their last game to finally enter Nationals. Hopefully they would be lucky enough to participate in those awfully big stadiums.

While (y/n) was picking stray volleyballs that was sticking out like a sore thumb on the court, someone appeared unusually taller and had brunette hair matching his eyes, she thought he looked like the main side character who always fawned thousands of weebs in just a wink. 

"Can I help you with that~?" Said the unknown boy.

"Thanks. But I'm fine." (y/n) shook him off, letting all the balls fall from her grip that was simply caught by the ball cart under.

"You'd better scram away if I were you. I think you friend over there is glaring at you- and maybe your fans there over the court is glaring at me.. and that should be your girlfriend, so.." (y/n) spoke before his friend already dragged him away,

"I-ITAI IWA-CHAN! Why do you have to be so rough!?"

It was not a big deal since (y/n) brushed it off easily before the game even started and not to say, there were more important things to think of.

Yet here they are now, Shiratorizawa may be at the last set at this very minute, and they needed to win it in every way they could. After all, Seijoh wasn't the type backing down when they already got two sets won at their watch.

"That spiker's a real trouble on our defense." (y/n) referred to that 'Iwa-chan' when the whistle rung as a reminder that it was Seijoh's third point on the fifth set and outnumbered Shiratorizawa twice.

Akira, granted a time-out quickly as ever, but the Demon coach seem to agree in for another proper scolding.

"Sit your fumes down, me and Sensei will do the best to get this set ours. In return, please don't be brash." (y/n) set out an assuring smile to her grandfather, to whom he responded with a 'hmph'.

"The thing is, that spiker is holding our defense, if I'm not mistaken. Hayato? I need you to go there after switching with Satori. You know what to do, do you?"

"Just like we did on our practice when you were in charge?"

"Uh-huh. The one I taught you." (y/n), was certain that they'd win this set this time, like for real.

"Their setter and that spiker is horribly in sync to be honest. I need you to have the confidence to blow even a just a little bit of their rhythm, then we're good to go."

"You got it!"

Seijoh's in for serving and it's the boy who had brunnete hair for the record. It was fast and powerful, though it wasn't precise enough. It was like brawns but without brains.

Hayato on the other hand, dived the ball and it gladly rose- not to say that Seijoh had the ball or lady luck rolling onto their side.

But, (y/n) deadpanned the show and even smirked. Maybe it was part of the plan, and it somehow went to the Seijoh duo that Hayato, once again dived for the ball and gladly made it perfectly setted by a 3rd year and Ushijima did his miracle.

(time skip:)

The last thing you knew was the loud and long ringing of the whistle and subtle cheers from Shiratorizawa, with only a point ahead of Seijoh.

  ☄