^ 05

05 | shonēn jump

(Y/N) SAT DOWN RIGHT AGAIN ON THE USUAL TABLE WHERE THE BOYS WERE, AND IT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE CREEPED BY HER PRESENCE—

"HEY. . . I KNOW THAT I WAS BEING ROUGH ON YOU GUYS YESTERDAY, AND I'M REAAAALLY SORRY."

She was literally now pouting, and Semi almost choked his food out of his throat when he saw how her actions are almost enough the cutest.

"I-it's fine, Wa— I mean, (y/n)-san. You didn't do anything wrong." Hayato stammered, with his cold sweat endearing his face.

"That's coming from you, Hayato."

The boy was blabbering out more convincing words that their manager was doing the right thing, but eventually, (y/n) brought out a strange-looking ceramic.. bento box?

"Eat up." (y/n) spoke on a more demanding tone— a tone she speaks when she told no one was going home yesterday. "I'd really like to call off the practice since you did much, but the Interhigh isn't going wait." 

She took of the lid, revealing whole sorts of sushi, pork cutlets, and beef shigureni. "Let's not waste anything here, so please, eat up. As a sign of being sorry, and— for acknowledging your good work."

"Itadakimasu!" Satori put his hands on a praying manner, and digged on right after the colorful feast dancing upon his eyes. Reon followed him, who looked at (y/n) with a smile. Soekawa, Semi and Hayato didn't hesitate to pick up the food a few minutes later when she wasn't looking. And as for Ushijima, he sneaked a few beef strips and munched them on the remaining rice he has on his bowl.

"Umaì! When did you learn how to cook?" Satori said, hopefully he finished chewing the food first before speaking. Soekawa nodded along with two boys whose mouths were puffed from the food their manager brought.

"My parents are always away, so. ." (y/n) didn't continue when she took a glance at Ushijima holding a piece of beef in his chopsticks. "How is the shigureni, Ushijima? I might have overcooked it a little."

"The texture is good. It's more better compared to restaurants and my mother's." And probably by now, Semi finally choked.

"Ushijima-san, your mom wouldn't be happy if she heard that." Semi eye-smiled at him, "My apologies."  Ushijima bowed right after his direction.

(y/n), didn't comment of how the boy in front of her can be too blunt. However, her chest became too jumpy and it felt an eternity to calm down. Ushijima's mom, please forgive me.

"Thanks for the meal, (y/n)-chan. I'll catch you guys later!" Satori propped up out of his seat out of a sudden, and (y/n) has gone curious enough of where this redhead could be. She had clues written in the back of her hand.

"Wait. Can I come too? I'm also done."

"I'm going to buy the latest issue of shonēn jump from the old lady outside! Do you want to tag along with me?" Satori inquired, raising his brows at the latter.

"No way... You read manga too?" (y/n) squealed, putting her things away back to her tote bag.

The two both chatted almost rather indistinctively from the other people on the table. They didn't know what they're saying, and maybe wondered what 'isekai' means in anime or the song Satori sung goes by 'shinzou wo sasageyo'.

"Let's go get our weekly shonēn issue now before the bell rings!" Satori announced.

"We'll be going now. See you guys in practice," (y/n) waved off at them. "Oh, and you're coming with us too!"

She dragged Ushiwaka right after he was done eating. Her hands were really gentle on his lower elbow despite they're on the run for the so-called comic magazine.

(y/n) and Satori had been talking for a whole lot when they got their 'shonēn jump magazine' and when they got back to class—while Ushijima was in a dire awkward state if only he have known by now. And that, Ushijima straightforwardly set the notion to the point, and also not beating around the bush.

"Why did I let you drag earlier, you say?", (y/n) perceived the boy's inner thoughts. "One fact is because i'd really like you to know that there is something more to do rather than smacking volleyballs to the ground."

"That is?" Ushijima slightly had his pupils dilated, waiting for her to amswer his question.

"To watch anime!"