Chapter Seven

Third Person's POV

Peter had no idea how long he was there for.. No clue how long he had watched this angel cry, weep, sob. It started with the mutterings about him and then she talked about her father, and in her rage, she cursed her mother for falling ill.. cursed her for being the cause of all her pain. Adele would winced at her own words but she didn't stop with her mother, she went on about almost everyone who was in her lonely life.

One thing Peter Pan learned about Adele that night was that she was broken the moment she took her first breath. She was a young girl with an old soul. And it was that old soul that made her the way she is; smart, cunning, strong, and haunted. Haunted by what? Haunted by memories of what could have been. Peter Pan saw that, and he yearned to fix her. He wanted to show her a good life full of promise and hope. Even if he started off on the wrong foot, Peter felt like he could do it.. if he shared pieces of himself to her, she would learn to trust him. And maybe they could be more.

Peter noticed that Adele's cries were dying down at last, he crept closer to her, making sure to stay silent. He could tell she was drowsy and about to fall asleep. Still, Adele had one more thing to say...

"And I cannot believe I let myself fall for him within days.. I have to be stronger.. I have to prove myself worthy.. If he wants to play, then game on Peter Pan. Game on."

The words came out as a whisper, Peter strained to her it but when he did, he smiled. An actual, genuine smile played on his lips. It wasn't even big, barley showed any teeth but still, a smile was a smile. And at that moment, Peter Pan's darkened heart fluttered.

When his smile had passed, Peter looked at Adele, whom had falling asleep on the sand. He moved quickly to her and picked her small body up in his arms. Gently swaying her as he walked back to her treehouse, he thought of how to win her heart. Pan knew it would be a hard task, for he had to show and share feelings he'd never known before. He knew he'd have to be caring, kind and truthful. All very hard things for a deceiving boy with tons upon tons of pride. Still, he was determined. And as we all know, Peter Pan never fails.

He laid Adele in her bed, taking time to tuck her in and get her comfy. He fixed the white pillows and then stopped. Peter took a deep breath and pushed Adele's hair behind her ear, leaning in to her, Peter laid a soft kiss to her forehead. Peter drew back rather quickly however, when he thought he saw her eyes flutter. But when she didn't stir, Peter sighed and turned to leave, stopping at the doorway.

"Goodnight my sweet Adele, I will make it up to you, I promise."

As the boy of her dreams left, the lonely girl smiled to herself. The girl longed to stop him, to ask him to stay with her. Yet that longing left as she fell back into a deep slumber.

Little did she know the feeling would be back. In fact many feelings would make her smile in cry in the following weeks. Just as she was clueless, as was he. Having always been ignorant to any feelings, he would be shaken by completely new ones. Both would face good and bad times, but in the end all would be calm. For the boy with a dark heart and the girl with an old soul were made to be together.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Ayeeee

So whatcha guys think? I really like this chapter but that is just me... hahah

Anyway.. I only got three hours of sleep last night to please mind any grammar and/or spelling!

As always, thank you to those that read this!

Much Love,

Rachel <3