32

Also still Fabricio's POV

The next few days after we took back control, I, of course, was named as the boss of bosses. As most of the other mafia families on Domenico's side didn't know about how he got into power (by killing my father) or about the people trafficking, once informed, they pledged allegiance to me. There were a couple of tricky families, but there were not two sides of the Italian mafia anymore, there was only one, and it was either join us, or have nothing to do with us, which would mean if they continued working, they would be killed by us, and that threat made everyone else pledge allegiance to me.

I split all of the cocaine we took from the warehouse into four parts, giving one part to Aleksander, one part to Nasir and two parts to myself, Haris and Nadia didn't need any. We had a huge banquet that day, and December the 7th was to become a holiday I wanted to celebrate every year. I came to business agreements with Aleksander and Nasir, and we were to stay as allies, the three of us signing a contract and drinking in celebration. Aleksander was the first to go back, to Poland, taking all of his men along with him, them Nasir and Haris went to. Nadia stayed, obviously because of Sav, but I did notice her and Dimitri had been getting close, throwing eachother slight glances over the table and flirting.

We finally had a bit of a party for Loretta, gave her masses of presents and cards, and drank quite a lot of alcohol, but it wasn't the same without Sav there, nothing was the same without Sav there. I meant what I said when I said she brought a light into my life, and my home, and she did, but now she is gone, everything seems dark... and gloomy.

Of course, I still went to see Sav everyday. Her brain had begun to respond, and I almost cried when I was told this news. They still continued to remove the drug, on my request, and they would be taking the rest away today. I was terrified because if the rest is removed and she still doesn't wake up... there would be no drug keeping her asleep, it would be her own body, and then what?

I watched over her from the bedside, her pure face covered in bruises and stitches. It had been exactly ten days since she came to the hospital and she had been put in an induced coma, and today, it was being stopped completely. We had been moved to a private room, partly because she could now breathe on her own, and partly because she needed to stay in a quiet and dark place to help her brain adjust when she woke up... if she woke up. 

The furniture in the room was sparse. There was the hospital bed in the middle of the room, in the middle of the left wall, where Sav lay. Attached to Sav were various wires and tubes, that went to an array of machines beside her. There was a fold-up bed that had been folded up and put to the side for now, where I slept, and there was a door next to it which went to a small bathroom. There was a small window on one of the walls, but the blinds were closed, and there was a window through the door, but the blinds on that were closed too, leaving the room pretty dark. There was one large armchair which I often sat in, and a table next to it where I would rest my coffee and book, or my laptop. Finally, there was a dresser, where I had a couple of joggers, jumpers and boxes stuffed in. However, the room was filled to the brim with flowers of all types, colours, styles, with vases of all colours, all with little cards sticking out of the bouquets, or actual stand up cards, which gathered on top of the dresser, overflowing. 

All of the various families that had now pledged allegiance to me decided to send flowers upon flowers, I guess it is the least they could do, and it was nice they wanted to do something, but flowers and chocolates she couldn't even eat because she was in a coma wouldn't change anything. Saying that, I still got her a bouquet myself every single day from the florist downstairs, and put it right next to her bedside, with a card I wrote a while ago still standing there. I know flowers and cards don't help, but I guess it would be nice for her to see them all when she wakes up... if she wakes up.

The doctors came, removed the drug, and we waited. We waited, and we waited. I would've thought she was dead if I wasn't able to see her heartbeat on the monitor; she looked so calm and peaceful. After about half an hour, I saw her hands moving and then her eyes fluttered open, and I knew then, I loved her, and I was going to church every Christmas and Easter. I couldn't control the tears which decided to escape my eyes, or the overwhelming joy I felt. 

I had been prepared by the doctors that she may not be the same, that she may not be able to talk, walk, swallow or do a lot of different things, but that hopefully there wouldn't be that much of a detrimental effect because she wasn't in the coma that long. If she couldn't walk, I would carry her. If she couldn't talk, I would learn sign language. If she could never shoot, run, flip, anything, I would do whatever I needed for her. I genuinely did love her.