What is this?! Scooby-Doo?!

PJ

Chris and I explain all we know to the detectives. Doctor Watson writes down a few things where as Officer Davis just listens, giving a subtle nod every now and then.

"...And now we're both here seeking help to find them." Chris finishes, letting out a puff of breath.
He did most of the talking.

Officer Davis glances at Doctor Watson, waiting for him to finish writing before looking back at us.
He clears his throat. "Well, it seems that it's the same situation that's happened with all the other kidnappings. Am I correct Watson?" Davis questions, double checking.

Doctor Watson looks over his notes quickly and nods in confirmation.

This gets me panicking.
If this is connected with all the other kidnappings then we may not find them.
None of the other people that have been kidnapped were found and police just gave up after a week.

What if they give up on Dan and Phil?

"Pj?" I snap out of my daze to see Chris staring at me. "You alright?"
I nod and clap my hands, bringing everyone to attention.

"So when can we start?" I ask, eager to find my two friends.

Chris smiles slightly and sits up. David and Watson then stand and gesture us to follow.
"first thing is to go to the scene of the crime." Watson explains, throwing on a jacket.

Chris skips slightly and I watch as he takes in the surroundings.
Knowing Chris - and I know him rather well - he's probably getting a rush out of all of this.
I'm not angry at him for being excited, cause I am too.

I just wish it didn't have to be them.

What will happen if we can't find them? I wouldn't be able to live with it.
Their families don't even know. It's only a matter of time before more and more people start noticing their absents and then we'll have a whole panicked parade on our hands.

That's why it's just Chris and I for now.
I chuckle quietly to myself.
Of course it would be me and Chris, it's always us two. But I'm happy that I have Chris with me, just like I bet Dan and Phil are happy they have each other.

We continue walking down the corridors until we hear a loud gunshot. Chris and I squeal, holding on to each other for dear life.
"Calm down boys, it's only the practise fire rooms." Watson chuckles.

We breathe out and carry on following them, my heart racing.

We enter this big garage with loads of vehicles, lights switching on around us and showing their impressive structures.

Davis leads us to a van that literally has 'the mystery machine' painted on the side of it.
Chris gawks at it and I follow.

Is this for real?

"What is this? Scooby-Doo?" Chris questions with humour and Watson shrugs.

"Davis can get really into character when on a case." He replies, sitting in the passengers seat.
Chris and I enter the back and clip ourselves in.

As we drive off loads of thoughts are running through my head, but with Chris theres obviously only one thought running through his head.
"Can I be Velma?"

My ears heard him but I want to check if he's being serious. "What?" I ask.

"If this is all scooby-doo like, then can I be Velma?" He repeats. I shake my head and laugh.

"You're impossible, Chris." he just smiles and fiddles with his fingers, leaving the soft sound of the radio on in the background.

Let the investigation commence.