Dream a little dream...

My body aches as I awake from my sleep, head banging and legs killing.
I place my hand beside me, expecting to feel Phil's bed, but flinch when feeling a damp floor. My fingers glaze over the rough surface, over every lump and bump.
I open my eyes and all air is punched out of me as I realise where I am.

I'm back.

But how can I be back in the room?! That's impossible!

It's just how I remember it dark, wet, cold... lonely.
Before it didn't feel lonely because of Phil but now it does.
I look to my right to see if he's there but he's not, just a puddle of blood.

"Phil?!" I exclaim, searching around the room struggling to get my non- nocturnal eyes to focus on the room. The darkness censors my sight.

What's happening?
Why is this happening again?

I bring my knees close to my chest, tearing up and breathing deeply.
"Phil!" I yell, my voice cracking through my tears.

"Phil's right here Daniel, don't worry your pretty little face." A familiar voice replies.
He steps out of the shadows, it's Toad. His clothes are covered in blood and in his hand is a knife, gleaming against the only source of light that beams under the crack of the door.

"W-where is he?" I question.
I'm shaking and my chest feels like it's about to collapse in on itself.

Toad grins and snaps his fingers. Rat suddenly appears, dragging something.
That something being Phil.

I widen my eyes at his state. They've beaten him senseless again, he's barely moving. He's still alive but I can't imagine the immense pain that he must be in.

"We killed him infront of you once, but unfortunately we didn't get to see it, how about a second try?" Rat chuckles darkly.
I shake my head and instantly attempt to reach Phil, only to be whacked around the head like last time; causing me to fall.

"N-no! Leave him, please I love him." I cry, reaching out to touch his hand, only for Toad to stamp his foot down, crushing my fingers.
He twists his foot deeper and with more force, cracking and snapping echoing through the room, I would scream in pain but when I open my mouth to only a squeak puffs out.

Rat grabs the knife from Toad and turns it so the sharp end is at arms.
He stands over Phil's body, glancing at me for a second.

Phil's eyes open slightly, staring at me with a look of fear and also that warm look again. That one that I just can't depict.
He opens his mouth, ajar and ready to form words, but nothing comes.

His body jerks as the knifes end goes down on him.
"Please, Phil no." I croak.

"Dan?" My eyes shoot open and my body twitches and reacts to the closest thing.
I push the person next to me with all my force, a thump sounding after.

Once I get my head together I realise I'm back in Phil's room.
I'm in his bed and I'm back home.
It was a dream?

"Oww," Phil's voice whines, I slap my hand over my mouth before crawling to the edge of the bed. Phil's led on the floor, legs and arms sprawled apart with his pillow on top of his face.

He moved the pillow and looks up at me, I tilt my head to make sure that I'm not dreaming again and smile when seeing that he's alive.
"What are you smiling about? You just shoved me off the bed." He mumbles, sitting up and throwing the pillow towards me. I duck but it hits me anyway, lucky shot.

"Sorry," I reply and pull him up by his hand.

"Why did you push me anyway?" He asks, sitting beside me.

"I had a bad dream." I say.
Phil's eyes turn soft and he let's out a silent sigh.

"I know I heard you shouting my name," he softly informs. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shakily nod, holding my breath. "W-we were back in the room and Toad, Rat- they... you- you can probably guess." Phil brings me into a hug and I clasp on to his hair, squeezing back my tears.

"They're gone now, we're safe." He whispers into my shoulder.

"But that doesn't stop the fact that it actually happened." Phil pulls away and smiles weakly.

"Don't cry, you're too much of a loser for that." I laugh and sniff, wiping my fallen tears.
Phil stares at me, scanning my face with those delicate eyes of his. His finger brushes back my fringe.
"I'll make breakfast and then we'll go to the hair dressers, we're both in need."

I nod and chuckle at his long weave that's looking similar to '2010' Phil; i bet mines no better.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask.

"Pancakes?"

"Pancakes. As long as you don't burn them." Phil sticks out his bottom lip and frowns before playfully bouncing up from the bed and to the door, also picking up a shirt on the way much to my disliking.

My breath hitches as I spot the cuts on his back, the knife that inscribed words into his own skin.
'fag'.
I really hope he doesn't find out about that, it would break him, just like I want to break the people who did that to him.

I realise that Toad and Rat are in jail, but I still can't help but not feel like we're entirely safe.
And it scares me.

The smell of smoke and crack of pans bring me to attention and I hear Phil do his little squeal.
I shake my head with a smile, grab a shirt and head towards the kitchen.

"I can't leave you for one minute," i laugh.
A couple of pans are spread on the floor and there's pancake mixture on the stove.

I pick up the pans and place them on the side before ruffling his hair, opening the cupboards and taking out the cereal.
"The easy option." I chuckle.

But Phil shakes his head and puts the cereal back. "I promised pancakes so we're getting pancakes. Get ready, we're going to a cafe."

"You didn't actually promise so-"

"Dan," Phil sends me this look that sends shivers through me, the same look that he had when we had an argument. It then turns into a light glare, making me relax.

I raise my hands in innocence. "Calm down. Keep your chest hair on."

As I go to walk out something sharp hits my bum, I spin around in shock as Phil smirks to himself whiles pouring a drink.
"Did you just- did you just touch my ass?"

"Go have a shower." He sneakily replies.
As I start slowly walking away, still with my jaw open, he calls out. "At least I have chest hair you twelve year old!"

"Fuck you!" I laugh and head to the bathroom.