And a Stop Within the Stars [Fluff | Scarian]

enjoy! :D the little I love you part at the end was in one of the fanfictions I've read, and I love it so much so here it is :)

ship: scarian

triggers/warnings: fluffy uwu

"I don't understand why you dragged me out of bed in the middle of the night!"

"Nature!"

Scar huffed in annoyance as he rolled his eyes at Grian, wrapping the blanket he snagged tighter around his shoulders. He narrowed his eyes at the red sweatered man, shivering slightly in the late night breeze. They had gone camping for the weekend, seeing as this would be the perfect bonding experience for the both of them... right?

Grian gestured for Scar to follow him, walking slowly down a trail in the woods. He had a flashlight out in front of them, although the light from the moon would be enough to guide them down the path. The eery forest noises sounded around them, causing Scar to walk a little faster beside Grian.

"Where are we even going anyway?" Scar asked quietly, looking at their surroundings with a small scared look. Grian just smiled and took a hold of one of his hands, lacing their fingers together.

"What? You scared?" Grian winked, his eyes twinkling in excitement.

"Me? Pshhh no, I'd never be scared-" The snap of a twig interrupted Scar, making him cling onto Grian's arm firmly. The blanket around his shoulder fluttered just the slightest, making him pull the fabric closer if possible. "Okay yeah maybe a little."

Grian laughed quietly, leading them further into the forest. He rubbed his thumb soothingly against the back of Scar's hand, squeezing it gently in reassurance. Although he was still a bit tense, his body visibly relaxed a bit at Grian's touch. 

"Do you trust me?" Grian turned to look at Scar directly with a genuine look on his face, his brown eyes searching Scar's.

"Of course I trust you, Grian." Scar replied with no hesitation, cocking his head to the side in curiosity. He shifted in his spot, not being able to stay still. "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing, just close your eyes and don't let go of my hand."

Confused, he did as he was told and found himself being guided down the trail into an open area. He felt the moonlight shine down on him, feeling the strong urge to open his eyes. But he didn't. 

A few seconds passed and the anticipation was killing him. Where are they?

"Open." Grian whispered, and Scar's eyes fluttered open. The view left him speechless, the stars shimmering and twinkling in the night sky above them. The trees swayed silently behind them, the large cliff offering a view that was just simply beautiful. 

"S-so this is what I wanted to show you." Grian stammered out, rubbing the back of his neck while sheepishly looking down at the grass. "I found it earlier when you were sleeping and thought it l-looked cool. I know it probably isn't much but-"

"It's amazing." Scar murmured, turning to look at his partner. He took a few steps closer wrapping his arms around Grian, pulling him into a close embrace, his blanket long forgotten on the grassy soil. "You're amazing."

Grian stood on his tiptoes, burying his face into Scar's neck. He breathed in the fresh pine scent that lingered on Scar's sweater, a mix of earthy tones together. "You're amazing too, you know that?"

"Grian, I-"

"No. Listen to me, Scar. I know I say this quite often, but I truly mean every single word I say. You are completely and utterly amazing." Grian pulled back a bit and took a deep breath in, looking up at Scar before continuing. "I have no idea what I did to deserve you, but I'll spend the rest of my life cherishing these moments with you, and hopefully new ones too. I want to spend the rest of my life repaying you for all the love and happiness you've given me.

Thank you, for being the light in my life. Thank you, for being the thing that has kept me going for the past year.

Thank you."

When Scar didn't say anything in the reply, Grian buried his face into his chest, going a deep red. "'m sorry, that might have been a lot to take in-"

"Grian, you're rambling." Scar hummed quietly, bring his hand under Grian's chin and tilted his head up, making him blush harder. They stood comfortably in the moonlight, the stars and constellations shining down upon them. "I love you."

"To the moon and back?"

"And a stop within the stars."

wc: 773