Chapter 1

It is August 16th and it's been three weeks since I moved to La.

Hi my name is Rena Ferguson and I am 16 years old and I live in La with my mom. I moved to La three weeks ago and I'm about to start school in one day. I'm going into 11th grade and I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Mom: Hey Rena, are you excited for your first day at your new school?

Rena: I think, I'm kinda nervous but excited at the same time. And it's gonna be weirder because I'm used to starting school in September and now I start in August.

Mom: I know.

After my mom left my room, i FaceTimed my best friend, Bunny from my hometown.

Bunny: Hey Rena!

Rena: Hi Bunny!

Bunny: What's up?

Rena: I'm just thinking about school and that it will he starting tomorrow.

Bunny: WOW that's crazy! I'm gonna miss being in school with you.

Rena: I know!!

Bunny: Are you excited or nervous?

Rena: Both!

Bunny: Well good luck on your first day.

Rena: Thank you, ill talk to you later

Bunny: Okay bye!

Rena: bye

I hang up

I had my backpack ready and I have my outfit picked out too.

This is the outfit Rena wears on the first day

I get my backpack and I start packing and I put it next to my bed, and then I put a face mask on so I can have smooth skin for school.

I left my face mask on for awhile and I decided to FaceTime Bunny again because it is 8:30 and it's still kinda early.

Bunny answers

Bunny: Oh Hi Rena!

Rena: Hi Bunny

Bunny: Nice face mask

Rena: thank you, I have to look flawless for tomorrow because I'm gonna be the "new girl" and oh my god I'm nervous I'm scared.

Bunny: Rena, don't worry, you'll be okay trust me. I was a new girl in 3rd grade and I am doing fine.

Rena: Well that's different. 3rd grade is nothing, high school is a lot more than that.

Bunny: But my point is that you can do this and you are confident.

Rena: Aw thank you.

Bunny: Ofc bestie!

Rena: And im also worried about making friends

Bunny: Why?

Rena: Because i don't want to replace you.

Bunny: (sighs) Rena... MAKE FRIENDS! You're not gonna replace me, there's no rule that you can't have more than one friend. I don't care who you hangout with, we will always be together even if we don't live in the same state.

Rena: Yeah you're right, I'm gonna go remove my face mask.

Bunny: Okay I'll let you go. Again good luck on your first day, you will do great and tell me how it goes after

Rena: Okay! Good night!

Bunny: good night.

I hang up and I go to the bathroom to remove my face mask. I had to wash it off with water and after that, I changed into my pajamas and I checked the time and it's 9:04, so I just sit in bed and go on my phone for a little bit and than I went to sleep.

My mom slowly walks in to see if I was sleeping.

Mom: (whispers) good night Rena.

Rena: Good night

My mom leaves the room.