Tense

Wei Ying was...anxious. Perhaps it was more than just anxiousness, but he was feeling something that was rather increasingly seeming like dread or just terror which continued to mount over and over and he could barely breathe With just how much the feeling was consuming him. He was facing the one person that he hoped never to face again. Wen Ning had attacked him. Not only attacked him, because, well he had attacked everyone after all, the entire group of Lan junior cultivators, but he had actively injured this boy. The same boy that was apparently Lan Wangji's younger brother. Why in the world did he always seem to have the worst luck possible? He was now facing someone whom Wen Ning had hurt because Wei Ying had not managed to get control over him in time because he had been too sentimental. The guilt he felt still held onto him tightly, and he did not think that it would go away anytime soon either. 

He could do nothing but stand there, stiffly, and hope that the other had not been hurt too badly, or was too angry with him about the situation. It was sort of his fault nin the first place. He could have controlled Wen Ning earlier and then the boy would not have been hurt. He would not have been injured as he was, and that was entirely on Wei Ying. After all, even if Wen Ning was his friend, his confident, he knew that the other would not take well to LANs. He did not know why the other seemed to despise them, and he did really well amongst the towns people, but it seemed as though something about the group that had travelled with Lan Wangji into the town really set something off in him and Wei Ying still had not managed out be able to go outside of the Cloud Recesses in order to ask.

It was something that he really wanted to do, but then again, he knew that Lan Wangji would not stand for something such as that and he was sort of too nervous to really ask if it was allowed. He did not want to make anyone upset and he certainly did not want Lan Wangji to be annoyed with his asking something like that, especially not since they had been so kind here, in the cloud recesses, and Wei Ying did no t think that asking such a thing would go over too well. He did not really want to test that either. There were other things to worry about, and although Wen Ning was out there alone and Wei Ying was worried about him, he was also well aware that he was capable of taking care of himself, and so he was not nearly as worried as he would have been otherwise. He just wanted to make sure that the other was okay and to understand why he had suddenly started attacking.

It would certainly have made facing Lan Wangji's younger brother much easier. As it were, Wei Ying was just rooted to the spot, too terrified to really move or make a sound. He just watched as Lan Wangji greeted his brother. He could barely speak, and he did not know if he really wanted to. Even if he could, Wei Ying had no idea what to say. What could he possibly say to really ensure that Lan Wangji's brother did not hate him? 

Lan Wangji had assured him that his brothers would enjoy his presence, but did the other forget that he had accidentally caused Wen Ning to attack them all, practically let it happen? Wei Ying had originally thought that he was being dragged to the Cloud Recesses for punishment, but while that was evidently clearly not the case, he did not think that he was able to really face Lan Wangji's younger brother. not yet. It was far too soon after the attack. 

"Wei WuXian," Wei Ying's eyes widened and his entire body went stiff. He held himself up, barely able to drag his own gaze up to Lan SizHui's own. It was made even harder to keep the gaze when he saw nothing but gentle curiosity in them. 

How were the Lan's so...Wei Ying did not really know the proper word to describe them. Lan Zhan seemed to breathe serenity, and now with Lan Sizhui, he was not even showing anger at the fact that it was Wei Ying's own fault that he had been harmed, and had Wei Ying not stopped Wen Ning in the time that he had who knew what else could have happened. He was not one to enjoyed others being harmed, and yet it was because of his actions that someone was. However, he saw no blame in the other's eyes, and it was somewhat overwhelming to really thing about.