Sent

Lord Quiren sighed heavily at the report that he had just been given. He flipped the paper over and left it on his desk. It was not the first that had come across his desk, he had several, it was, however, possibly the most concerning if true. Apparently, there were those in the lower town getting worried as there seemed to be a rise in ghost reports, seems being the key word here, and were pleading with the Clan to send some Cultivators to deal with the issue, and figure out what exactly was going on. It was concerning if it would be true, and though perhaps other sects would not see such things as an issue, or out of the ordinary, however GusuLan prided itself on how little demonic spirits lingered. The entire mountain was filled with pure spiritual energy, it was possibly one of the most concentrated in the land, and so ghost spirits were uncommon, much less an increase in them. As such, something that others would consider every day trivialities, was not so trivial for GusuLan. Lord Quiren knew that, as a Sect Leader, he had to send someone who was able to deal with things, someone he trusted to not get side-tracked, and jump to conclusions. Normally, Xichen was primarily the one he sent, especially since he dealt with younger disciples really well and he would most certainly be more than capable of settling the citizens down.

 He would instead be forced to send Lan Wangji, considering Lan Xichen was busy out of their sect. He was currently in Qinghe, and it would not be a good idea to force the meetings that he had early for such a case as this. He should return within the days' end either today or the next, however that was uncertain at best. As such, there was no way he could just wait until Lan Xichen made it his way back. This meant he needed to send Lan Wangji. Naturally, Wangji would be capable, more than, he was an incredibly talented cultivator, despite his youth, and knew everything necessary in order to perform well. He would also not get side-tracked, and would ensure that the problem, whatever it was, was handled and dealt with promptly. Lan Qiren knew the other would do perfectly fine, it was just that the juniors were rather frightened of Lan Wangji, and the other would be forced to bring a few of them with him as he would not just send the boy out alone. He would not with XiChen, and he most certainly would not allow Wangji to deal with something unknown by himself. As such, considering the fear which the juniors held Lan Wangji in, this posed a problem. 

With good reason they feared him. Lan Wangji was not purposely attempting to scare them of course. The other was simply not really good at expressing himself. With his serious exterior, and seemingly lack of emotions made others intimidated by him, greatly. Lan Wangji was also incredibly strict with enforcing the Gusu rules. There were many of them, and others got aggravated with the intolerance that Lan Wangji held towards disobeying the rules. The juniors had begun avoiding him as much as possible, frightened that they would get into trouble, or something would happen. Seriousness and Lan Wangji were held together more often then not. Lan Wangji did not falter if the matter was important, and held every small matter as serious as larger ones.

Still, they needed someone to go with the Disciples, and as such, Lan Wangji was the best suited after Xichen, who was not available at the moment, and how knew how long it would be until the elder jade would become available. Lan Qiren sighed heavily, and sent for Lan Wangji.

The other came immediately, as was expected. "Uncle," Lan Wangji said softly, bowing. 

"Wangji," Quiren said, Bowing back, looking at his nephew who, as per usual, showed no emotion on his face whatsoever. He was beginning to question his decision, but he would stand by it. They had no time to wait for XiChen and Wangji was the best alternative. 

"You requested for me?" Wangji said his voice deep and somber. Quiren knew he was asking why he had called, but it sounded more like a statement which was made. He sighed. 

"Yes, the villagers in the lower sect have been complaining of an increase in ghost activity. I was hoping that, in lue of Xichen, you would be willing to take a few of the Juniors and figure out what was going on." Lan Wangji simply bowed back. Lord Quiren watched the other leave. He did not call him back. He knew that it meant that Lan Wangji not only knew what Lord Quiren had wanted, and agreed to do it, but that he would be leaving by today.

He breathed in sharply, hoping that this was not a mistake on his part. He really hoped that Lan Wangji would have become a bit more...affiable towards others. He had him join Xichen when he went to meetings with the other sects. By doing this he had hoped that the other would find some girl, or maybe even a boy, who he found agreeable. His attempts had failed. Miserably. Not only had he not found a companion, but he had not made any friends either. Everyone had been too frightened to approach him, or put off by his silence after they greeted him. As such, his attempts had been awful, and more than just a failure. While many were stunned by his beauty, and stunned by his cultivation abilities, his social reclusive nature had turned them away. 

Not than Lan Wangji really cared much. Yet this had been going on for so long. Lord Quiren was worried the other would never open up. The boy was only 17, yet he acted as though he were older than himself. And Lan Quiren was over 50. He wanted to see Lan Wangji smile, even if it were only once.

He knew it was probably hopeless. Years of trying, and hundreds of attempts failed, there was simply no way that the other would find anyone. He had done his utmost best to get the younger Childe Master to be a bit more lax. It had not happened, and Lord Quiren despaired.
He gazed worried. No matter what, he was simply just wishing the best for Lan Wangji. His power in Cultivation was incredibly high, which, unfortunately caused others to be jealous as well. The boy never really spoke to anyone outside of his Brother, Xichen, but even then, it was Xichen doing most of the speaking. 

He really hoped perhaps things would change. Lan Wangji had been stuck in the Cloud Recesses for a while, and had not left since the death of his mother. Perhaps going to the lower sector would help cause him to relax a bit. Or at least lessen some type of tension. It was unlikely, but Lan Qiren could hope, after all.