Chapter 4

We showed up outside my house. The lights are on so I bet my dad is really at home. While on our way, Zach asked about the research I made and asked possible question regarding my school. Its sounds so boring but amazingly it never was. I do think I can't get any boring moment with this guy.

"You have a lovely house. Your mom must love to grow flowers. They're lovely." We stared at each other and I broke it to answer his statement.

"My mom died when I was 5. I was the one who grew them. Thanks for thinking its lovely." I smiled. I don't know why but I gave more smiles to this guy today than I ever was in my entire existence.

"Ohh I'm sorry about your mom." I just shrugged and went off his car. He also went down and went to my side. He went very close to me as he holds my shoulder and looked very deep in my eyes. Goodness, those tantalizing eyes. I gulped feeling my mouth dry.

"I'm keeping my promise of protecting and making myself available to you at all times. Happy Birthday Nikolai. I hope you had a great day." My heart was beating fast as he said those words. He then kissed my forehead and I froze in place. My heart was stammering real hard, butterflies in my stomach and my mind is shouting happy thoughts. Holy hell, did he just kiss my forehead?

The car starts to run but I can't still move. I placed my hand into my heart. Zach is making me question my sexuality. I was never interested with guys, but I guess I was also never interested with girls. I knew I'm a guy, but I don't know now. I went inside our house with a big smile.

"You're late pups." He still didn't glance at my way while making the table. The table is full of my favorite; steak, grilled fish, mac and cheese, vanilla filled cake and strawberry smoothies. I just love my dad so much.

"I went to other school to do my research. School's library is limited so Ms. Page the librarian brought me there." I washed my hands and sat down, ready to devour everything.

"You sounds happy, did something happen?" he asked curiously.

"I found friends there. 3- no 4 I guess." I included Arv-- Raven in my list. He might want me to be his friend.

"That's great." He sounds genuinely happy for me. I grinned.

"Dad? I-If I asked you to uhmm, allow me to uhmm transfer—." He cut me halfway.

"Of course pups, I will. I was really thinking about that before the school started but I was thinking you might be uncomfortable with the idea of adjusting in new environment so I didn't bother asked."

I beamed a smile at him. "Thanks dad." I ate happily.

"So I guess I need to give you the car keys then?"

"N-No. Actually, a new friend of mine told me that he could fetch me here and get me home safely."I said in almost a mumble. I felt my check growing warm thinking about Zach so I focus at food.

"HE must be so good." I glanced at my dad who is staring and smiling at me. Oh my goodness. I must be blushing hard. I just nod to my dad, unable to coherent a word.

"You know. I'll support you in every way. I just want you to be happy." He smiled teasingly.

"DAD!!" He laughed out loud.

"I'm just messing up pup. But seriously, you had my word. I want you to be happy." I went to my dad and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"Thank for everything dad. I love you."

"Love you too pups. Happy 18th birthday" I went back to my seat and eat. We talked about things and eventually finished our dinner. We cleaned up and while doing it, I decided to go to the lake. Arv--Raven must be right. That raven must have missed me. And besides, that must be just my dream. He even shook his head when I said I'm going somewhere, or was that a dream, I don't know. I went to my room to dress up and went to the woods. When I arrived at the lake, the raven is standing in the rock, as if it's waiting for me.