Chapter 5

Mason went over to his friend's house and was invited in. "How were they?"

"Alright. Good as normal. Jason came down with a temp. Gave him some medicine so he should feel better tomorrow. Khole was just playing with Jessa. So, when is your sister coming back from her honeymoon?"

"In two days. It's gonna feel so weird after that because they are gonna be gone." After an hour, he opened up the envelope and a small letter flew out. It had Katelynn's number on it.

"Oh yeah, how's Katelynn?"

"She can die for all I care! Gonna die anyways, stupid bitch."

"Mason, come on! What on earth is wrong with you? We've known Kate our whole school life. How can you not care?"

I do, he wanted to shout. I do care, but it's too late now. She's going to die and leave me alone. Like I left her.

"Whether you say it or not, I know you care for her. You always have. You shouldn't be calling her all that. That's just disrespecting a woman. A real man doesn't do that. What would you do if that happened to your sister or mother?" With a sigh, Mason dialled in Katelynn's number.

"This is all your fault! Couldn't keep you gob shut, could ya? Katelynn is lying on a hospital bed with her daughter-your daughter-trying to wake her up." Mason stood up in a panic. Did she die?

"What...? Is she...?"

"No. She wouldn't give up that easy. She was coughing up blood as you left. Didn't even look back. Just get to the hospital. You still have time to mend things. She's in the oncology ward."

Should I go? he thought.

///Is he going to go? Tell me what you think! Had to update early this week but anyways, till next time!

Love you all :)