Closer

Your Pov:

After a few minutes, I found myself kneeling in front of a large oak stump surrounded by forest. Whoever I was seeing this through wore a long, black dress and a blood red cloak.

 Whoever I was seeing this through wore a long, black dress and a blood red cloak

The person, a woman, was speaking.

"My God, my king, Chzo! I, your humble servant, come bearing gifts. A blood sacrifice to feed you." I watched as two hands came into view, one holding a dagger. The woman took the dagger dragging it across her hand. She placed her bleeding palm on the stump, creating the circle with four triangles and a square in the middle. She put the dagger back in her bag.

She stood, "And I also bring my unborn child, so that she may leap and dance and sing praise in your name. She is yours to teach and command." There was a flash, then, the Prince appeared. The woman kneeled, head bowed, "Your majesty." The Prince pulled her to a standing position. He took some of the blood from the stump and cut the midriff of her dress open. He smeared the blood onto her stomach, the blood absorbing into her skin like water.

Then he disappeared. The woman bowed her head, "Thank you, my king." She started walking out of the forest, a cabin like building appearing on the horizon and the smell of smoke filling the air. Then, everything faded to black again.

I was thrown back into the present, Trilby's voice ringing in my ears. I looked at him, "I-I'm fine..." He spoke, "Your hand..." I looked down at my hands. My right hand was clenched, my nails digging into my skin. Some blood dripped from the crescent shaped marks. I relaxed my hands. We found another piece of paper. It described what Trilby might've seen. There was also a note.

Trilby and (Y/n),

I know you are following a trail. Go to the roof if you wish to proceed.

Lenkmann

We left the room, hoping to find either Abed or Siobahn. A few minutes later, we found Abed in the lounge, staring at a blank porcelain head. Trilby spoke to him, "May I borrow that head, professor?" I muttered, "And now he's crazy..." Trilby shot me a glare before looking back at Abed. Abed spoke, clearly drunk, "Oh, I see. You took one companion of mine away and now you want another. Isn't your wife enough?" Trilby frowned slightly.

"Abed, it's just a head, what could you possibly need it for?" Abed shrugged him off, "You don't understand. No-one understands me. Go get me a drink, then we'll talk." Trilby grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the basement, grumbling about Abed. He grabbed the dusty green wine bottle and we started for the lounge again.

Luckily, the hotel hadn't shifted again.

We opened the door to the lounge, only to find ourselves in the shifted hotel. Abed was no where to be found. I looked at Trilby, "Let's just take a pill and leave the lounge. He should still be in the normal one." We did that, only to find that Abed wasn't there either.

I bit my lip, "I really hope that he didn't shift when we did..." Trilby sighed, "Well, let's find out." He took a drink of the speedy cola he had before giving it to me. I took a small drink. Caffeine made the both of us agitated and gave us heart palpitations. A few minutes later, we found ourselves back in the corrupt hotel. We opened the door to the lounge. Trilby immediately blocked my view, "Don't look." I frowned, "It's too late to try and spare me now. Move."

There, propped against the bar, was Abed. His head was gone and the porcelain head replaced it like it was some sort of sick joke. Trilby walked over to his body and gripped the porcelain head. I cringed at the wet cracking noise it made when he pulled it off. He turned to me, "Let's go find the other parts."

We went into the back office. It was covered in dust and unorganized. A safe sat in the corner. After grabbing the porcelain leg, he moved to the safe. I watched with an amused grin as he opened the safe like he would've years ago. My grin faded when Trilby stood up empty handed.

The idol was gone.

We searched around the hotel, it shifting sometimes. We eventually found all the parts and carried them to the pinned up doll. We reattached the parts and a shiver ran through me. Trilby crossed his arms.

"What kind of ridiculous locking mechanism is this?"

We took a pill and headed into one of the halls, the hotel becoming normal again. We walked up to the roof, the door now unlocked. Outside was a bit chilly but sunny with clear skies. The city glowed dimly miles away. Most of the roof was blocked off by fencing. However, there was a note held down by a single stone by the chain fence.

We kneeled down, touching the rock to move it, but my vision filled with spots and everything went silent.