Twisted

Your Pov:

My vision returned, focusing on a man and young boy in a clearing. I saw the tree, but it had been cut down. It hadn't been worn down to a flat stump yet. They were speaking about something that I couldn't make out. Suddenly, the man froze. The boy started to shake. Then, a squelching sound echoed in the clearing. The man was lifted and dropped on the ground as the prince faded in and out, stabbing his weapon in the man's back. The boy grabbed a stone.

He threw it, hitting the prince in the head. The Prince stared at him, then vanished. The boy ran off, leaving the body behind. I moved from behind the bush and whoever I was watching this from, stopped in front of the tree. They placed their hands in the man's blood before placing them on the tree.  I heard a woman's voice, "I have heard your story, Cabadath. My family descended from your blood. And your story has been passed from each generation since."

"I sing praise in thy name and the name of thy king."

She pulled her hands away, leaving bloody handprints on the wood.

My vision faded and I was back on the roof. I heard Siobhan's voice, "Trilby! (Y/n)!" We turned to her. Trilby spoke, "Siobahn?" She approached us, "Oh, thank god. I thought I was all alone." I looked at her, "What happened to you?" She gripped at her sweater sleeves, "I don't know. After you... Knocked me out in my room, I woke up and everything was like this..."

She started to shake, "The hotel's ruined, there's blood everywhere...I saw this horrible man!" Trilby hmm'd, "Tall, thin, long black coat!" Siobhan nodded, "You know him?" Trilby huffed, "Enough to know you're lucky to be alive." She sighed, "He didn't notice me, so I ran up here to hide..." I tilted my head, "How did you get past the doll?" She frowned, "What doll? What the hell is going on?"

Trilby shook his head, "We told you what would happen if you followed us into the shadows." He stepped away from me as he continued, "This isn't your problem or (Y/n)'s. Both of you, take these." I frowned, "What?!" Siobahn looked at the bottle of pills he handed her, "What are these?" I answered her, "Tranquilizer pills. Take one. When you calm down, the hotel will go back to normal."

She hesitated, "But won't you two need them?" He shook his head, "(Y/n) will be going with you. I don't need to run away anymore." He started to walk away. Siobhan and I called out, "Trilby, wait! Where are you going?" He paused, "I know enough now. I know where the wood came from. Perhaps I can find a way to end this."

Then, he was gone.

I turned to Siobahn, "If you want to live, follow me." We went into the hotel. It was still messed up. I spoke, "We have to get to the basement." As we walked through the hotel, I could here the prince's footsteps here and there. He was watching and he wanted us to know.