Truth Branching Out

Your Pov:

The sound of water sloshing entered my ears. Once again, I was looking through the eyes of someone else. I caught sight of some crates, one being labeled 'O'Malley Shipping. Apparently, who ever this was, was hiding behind some cargo. I caught a reflection in a half covered mirror. A young girl, about 19-20, stared back. She was wearing a tattered dress and her face had dirt smudges.

She must've been a stowaway.

From above, there was some shouting and then, a thump. The girl moved from the crates and climbed up the ladder, barely moving to see above deck. Three men surrounded a fourth, dark skinned man. He was passed out. The girl sighed and went back down. After a while, the dark skinned man came down into the hold with a chisel. He went to the O'Malley Shipping crate and tore off a board.

He then carved the thing that haunts my nightmares.

He carved that damned idol.

After he was finished, he went above deck again. Suddenly, a sound filled the air. It was the sound of something being stabbed in and out of flesh.

The girl got up from her hiding place and peeked above deck. The dark skinned man was moving back towards the ladder, bodies covered in blood and stab wounds lay scattered behind him. Suddenly, the tall man appeared in front of him, stabbing the pole of his scythe into his face.

The girl hid again, and I knew she was hoping that the tall man wouldn't find her. Then, the sound of metal swinging filled my ears. A pain erupted in my throat as everything went white. A hot, burning white. It faded to black, then, I was back in the artifact room. The pain in my throat was gone, but I was still shaking. I looked at Trilby. He was out of it too.

I nudged him, "Trilby?" He looked at me, blinking his glazed over eyes, "(Y/n)?" I nodded, "Yeah. We need to go find Siobhan." He snapped out of his haze, "Let's go."