EMMA (ch 7)

My phone was dead by the time I reached home from work. I was so tired. I love working in the coffee shop but it’s taking up all my leisure time. I barely have time for my school work now. I immediately put my phone on charge , grab a quick shower and go downstairs. I have my dinner while watching TV and then start doing my schoolwork. I actually have a ton of it today. It’s late by the time I finish everything. I just go upstairs and climb into my bed. Sleep hits me as soon as I hit the bed.

I wake up late in the morning. So, I quickly get ready and ask my mom to give me a ride to school. I barely had time to check my messages. Me and my mom were talking about all the things we’ve missed out because of the job on the way to school.

I reach school exactly on time. I hurry in towards my locker. Then I see the weird kid standing near my locker. I give him a smile and he just stare at me for a few seconds like he is lost in thought and walks away. I wonder what was the reason.

It’s not until lunch that I get to use my phone. When I check all my emails and messages, I check my Instagram and find a few messages and a follow request. I quickly reply to all the messages and see from whom the follow request is from.  There were a few mutual friends. Later when I observe his DP properly, I realise it’s the weird kid. So, I finally got to know his name. I could ask Dave about his name but I didn’t want anyone to think I was interested in him. “Tyler Masselin" I say out loud by mistake when I hear Jennifer’s voice, “were you saying something Emm?” I quickly say no and go back to my phone.
I accept his follow request and press follow back. I wondered whether this was the reason for his weird behaviour this morning. I suddenly had butterflies in my stomach and I liked this feeling.