Emma (ch 24)

My life is perfect right now. I have all the things I want. Also, my mom’s pretty happy these days. I think she and Jack are going to marry soon. I wish they do. Jack is a great guy. Today morning my mom told me that we are going to have a family dinner and asked me to come home early. These days family dinners include Jack. I went to school and it was as usual. I told Tyler about my mom during lunch and he said it is fine.
After school I go to work and ask the manager there if I could leave early today. My manager is a college dropout. She is really cool. She never acts like a manager. She instantly accepts because I’ve even been extra shifts on weekends. I get to work when I see Tyler come into the coffee shop. My face lights up immediately. He sits in the corner and I go to him. I ask him what he was doing here and he says “I thought I’d do my homework here. That way I get to see you and you can work without me wasting your time.” I nod in agreement and get to work. I quickly wash dishes and go out and stand watching Tyler behind the counter. Occasionally he lifts his head and looks at me and then looks into his books and blushes. That’s how my whole evening goes.
I go home early just as like I promised mom. I help her with dinner and Marcus helps set the table. Jack arrives around 7 and we start eating. Mom made my favourite dessert today, Pumpkin Pie. My mom cooks amazing food. I love eating her food. I always used to carry lunch from home in middle school while all my friends ate the food which was provided by the school. We were all talking about how much my mom loved high school when Jack says “Emm should start enjoying your life. You know that you don’t need to work. You should get yourself a boyfriend.” Then I remember that I forgot to tell my mom about Ty. I tell both of them about Tyler and Jack is so excited about meeting him. My mom told me to invite him over for dinner next Thursday. She is happy for me; I could tell that.
I skip homework today to watch a movie with my family. It’s been so long since I spent time with them. After watching the movie, I went to my room and texted Tyler. There was a message from ‘@wanderingpapers'.  I ignored it. Tyler texted me back after a few minutes. I told him about the invitation and he said he would definitely come. We texted for almost an hour. I really didn’t know we had this much to talk. I always wondered what Jenn and Dave would talk about all those hours. Now I know.