Tyler (ch 23)

I went to school and found Emma waiting at the entrance for someone. I went to her asked “You look like you are waiting for someone.” She says, “Yes and it looks like that someone has already arrived.” Then I say “Well then I’ll take that someone as me.” She smiles. This is one of the reasons I love talking to Emma. She is so fun to talk to. We both walk to class and sit next to each other. At the end of the class Mr Chapman calls me outside and asks me about my book. I actually stopped posting since I was busy. I tell him that I’ve been a little busy. He says that it is fine and he wanted to know if needs any help. I say that everything is fine and I’d definitely come to you if I need any help. He nods and leaves.
At lunch we both sit alone in the cafeteria. I tell Emma that I won’t be able to meet her in the evening since I am meeting Dean in his house. Dean always makes sure that there isn’t anything that contains paper exposed to me. He stacks all his books in his drawer when he knows I am coming. She says “it’s ok. I'll just text Jenn to come to my place or I’ll go to hers.” Later that evening we say bye to each other and leave.
I go to Dean’s around 6 and stay there till 8. I miss Emma and I really feel like seeing her. I text her. She said that she and Jenn were doing their math homework. I drive to her house and call her. She lifts and I ask her to come out. She sounded excited. She comes out with a big smile on her face. I stand at the edge of their driveway and she comes running towards me. I say “I missed you and wanted to see you. So, I just came without asking you. I hope that’s ok.” She says, “I’m glad you came cause I was feeling the same.” We both hug for a long time until Jenn comes outside and says “Awwwww.” I say “Ok then, I’ll get going. Text me after Jenn leaves.” She says “Sure, bye.”
I go home, finish my homework, edit a few chapters and post them. I text Emma from ‘@wanderingpapers' and she replies immediately. We talk about casual stuff but she never mentions about me. I wondered why. But that didn’t affect me too much. It was 10:30. She said she had a work to do and said bye. Then I received a text message from her. She texted “Sry Ty, can’t talk today. Good night. Sleep well. Love you.”. I text her good night and keep my phone aside.
I lay on my bed and start thinking. I think she really loves me. We never said ‘I love you’ directly but I think we do. Everything is going well but there is always a thought at the back of my head reminding me that my life is not normal like others and whoever is in my life also cannot lead a normal life because of my phobia. I really can understand how much my parents have sacrificed for me. My mom used to love books and my dad was a paper art collector. After I got my phobia, they both stopped doing what they loved. Sometimes I feel really guilty when others have to suffer because of my problem.