Emma (ch 20)

I was really excited. I went home as fast as I could and got ready. I wore a cute dress and applied a little makeup. I went to work. Thank God there weren’t many customers today. I kept looking at the time. I actually still couldn’t believe Tyler asked me on a date. So does that mean he also likes me? I wish.
At around 7 Tyler came to the coffee shop. He waved at me as soon as he entered. He sat down at the corner table. I signalled him five minutes since there is still five minutes before my shift ends. He said no problem. I started blushing already. How does he look so good?
I went and sat opposite to him. He said hi and I said the same. We placed our orders and sat silently. What are we supposed to talk? There was a awkward silence between us. So, I broke the silence and asked, “So is this officially a date?” He laughed and said, “Do you want it to be a date?” I said “Maybe" and he gave me a nod. Then after a few minutes of silence he asked “What are your hobbies?” I told him I love reading books. He said even he likes books and we started talking about books. It’s nice to have someone who understands your interests and are happy to listen to it. Talking with Tyler was easy. It was like I knew him already. He was just how I imagined to be. My expectations were exactly met and I was elated.
We talked for so long, we kept jumping from one topic to another and suddenly realized it’s late and I started feeling hungry. Just then Tyler asked if I wanna get anything to eat. I wanted to eat so I said yes but not in the coffee shop. But we can’t go anywhere else because of his phobia. So, I mentally got fixed that incase we still go out in future this coffee shop will always be our place. I actually don’t care about that because I just wanna get to know Tyler more and more and I really hope he likes me back.