Ez Part 16

Rayla was first thrown into the hold while the pirates got the torture chamber ready. She sat in silence for a second and then a body crashed into her. She gave a yelp an then realized it was Ez. 

"They got you guys too?" She asked when she saw the rest of the crew. Even Amaya was there. 

"Yep. They had one person distract us while a group of them rowed on the ships other side." Amaya spat. "Where's Callum?" 

Rayla looked down and explained everything. Amaya gasped. Ezran went pale. 

"Well it won't matter anymore." Amaya said. "We're planning to escape tomorrow." Rayla nodded while Amaya told her the plan. 

"I'll help." Rayla said. Then a pirate came in and took Rayla away. 

~The next dayyyyy~

Rayla, Amaya, Ez and the crew members started out on any other day. The pirates had bound Rayla's mouth so she couldn't sing and kept her sea anklet away from any water so she couldn't change when she wanted too.  

Finally Felix gave Rayla a powder. It hurt her throat and singing was impossible. But at least she could talk. 

"Today we're getting off the ship." Amaya said to the crew. "Matthew, take a group of the crew and secure boats. Ez, Rayla, me, and some others are getting supplies." The group split up. 

Matthew got two boats and the crew got in them. They could just barley see shore about two days away. 

Rayla, Ez and Amaya got the food and water. They snuck into the kitchen and slowly grabbed buckets. Ez, who couldn't lift much, grabbed a stack of hard bread. But it was food. 

Right as Rayla was about to follow Amaya out though, she heard a clatter. She turned and saw the cook holding Ez up, a hand clamped over his mouth. Rayla grabbed a 'loaf' of bread that had rolled by her foot and tossed it at the cooks head. The cook fell down cold. 

Ez and Rayla ran to meet Amaya and the rest of the crew. Rayla helped Ezran down to the boat and then jumped into the water. She chanted the transformation words and her legs changed into a blue tail. She dove under the water and resurfaced. 

Then she tied the two boats together and pushed them, the boats skimming over the water after a might first lash from Rayla's tail. 

Ez whopped and then regretted it. 

The pirates shouted with alarm when they saw the fleeing boats, but now they were too far away to catch. 

Rayla grinned and the crew cheered. But a thought nagged at her,

What of the pirates got to Callum first?