Chapter 10

***Here we go, guys. Lots of plot here, plus a little humor and a little Kailor romance. Sorry it's taking me so long to write these chapters, but I typically get all the Jaya out of my system before I start writing this stuff, so...yeah. Enjoy! :)

Oh, and just because...here's "I Will Survive" but with an animated alien. It looks really stupid at first, and it kind of is, but the ending made the whole thing worth it, soo...***

***(Kai's POV)***

***Music Cuuuue***

I gape. "W-what is m-my – "

"I didn't know Nya could do that," Skylor muses.

"She can't!" I shout.

My sister is wiggling her body in some dance move to whatever song is playing through the speakers. And she's...not bad.

Skylor smiles. "She really liked this song when I let her listen to it the other day."

My wild eyes turn on her. "Why in Ninjago did you let her listen to...to..."

Skylor raises a brow. "Are you asking why I let her listen to something that actually has a nice beat? It's a classic, Kai. Of course, I wanted her to hear it."

I scrub my hand down my face. "You're corrupting my sister!" I moan. I begin to push through the throng of people toward her.

Cole elbows his way over to us. "Hey, Kai. I saw that you'd left your wallet at the monastery, and I thought you might want it, so the team and I brought it to you."

"You let my sister come?" I shriek.

Cole holds out his hands in surrender. "Easy. We're just dropping in for a few minutes. I told her to stay in the car."

"Well, clearly you haven't spotted her dancing suggestively in front of a group of teenage boys yet!"

Skylor grabs my wrist. "It's not suggestive, Kai. Let her have a little fun, just for this song."

"Are you nuts?" I fume. "Do you see the way she's moving her hips?" My sister's reputation is on the line here!

I once more push against the crowd. Nya, who's currently lip-syncing to the song, has a small gathering of observers.

Oh, no. This could not get any worse.

I spot Lloyd on the other side of the group. We make eye contact, and he nods slightly.

Good. We're on the same side: the "get-Nya-out-of-here" side.

He manages to shove past several people, but suddenly stops and turns.

"Lloyd!" I shout. "What are you doing?"

"Someone's in trouble!" he replies. I can barely hear him over the deafening noise of the music, the cheers Nya's receiving, and the drunk laughter coming from not far off.

"Lloyd, wait!" I yell.

He's already heading in the opposite direction.

I guess it's up to me to rescue my sister.

Skylor grabs me by the shoulders. "Stop, Kai! Didn't Lloyd say someone's in trouble? Shouldn't you go check that out?"