Unexpected proposal

The following days I had my exams so Samuel didn't bother me at college because he was serious about his studies too. I only talked with Daniel on my phone. We exchanged numbers and he use to call be occasionally. I told him that I had my exams so we didn't have much time to talk. Although I had my exams I kept on thinking about Daniel. We always had a nice conversation. I guess we were getting close. We sent me his workout videos and honestly I was pretty impressed. Sandra also took a break from dating, as she was also studious. All of us were busy doing the things that are important. Sandra and Daniel used to meet in between but I had not seen Daniel for about a week now.

Finally after all the hardwork, it was the last day of exam. The exam finished, as the last bell rang and everybody submitted the paper. I could see the smile on everyone's face. I was happy  and so was Sandra. Sandra got a phone call as we walked out.
"Okay, we will there now." She smiled wide.
"Let's go!" She pulled me.
" Where?" I was surprised.
" Finally having lunch with Sam. I have waited so long for this." She joined her hands and closed her eyes.
" It's only been a week that our exams had run. And you used to meet him in between right? Why getting so excited." I looked annoyed.
" It's a couple thing, you won't get it single Maddie." She looked me with sympathy and just laughed as to make fun.
" Fine then. I won't go. I don't want to disturb your lovey-dovey couple lunch." I said .
" Okay then. I will tell Daniel that you are not coming." She looked at her phone.
" You didn't tell me that Daniel is also there......" She said.
" So you coming right?" She teased me.
" He is just a friend okay. Don't exaggerate it. I will go because someone will give me company." She smiled at her and looked as if I was being reasonable.
" Okay then. Let's go." She smiled and teased me again.

I blushed a little and we headed to the gate. And I could see that same view that I saw a few days back. Both Sam and Daniel were waiting on their bikes. Looking at Daniel my heart began to beat fast and as soon as I made a eye contact with him. I could hear my own heartbeat. Both of us smiled at each other. Sandra pushed me gently as to tease me.

We moved forward and Sandra was so excited at she ran and almost left me behind. She sat on the bike, but I  just walked slowly. As I reached the gate, a boy came in  front of me. My smiled disappeared as the boy was no other than Samuel.

To my surprise he sat on down on his knees. I was shocked. He had a rose in his hand. Every student gathered around us and all of them were hooting. I looked at Daniel , I guess he was a bit annoyed.
" I love you." Samuel said with a huge smile on his face.
" Get up what are you going." I said in a low tone.
" I love you and I really mean it. Please can you except my heart." He said.
" How many time have I told you that I don't like you please get up." I pulled him up.
Sam, Sandra and Daniel came closer as to see what was going on. I saw daniel and I thought that what would he think about me. Now how will I face him. Ugghh
" Why don't you like me? I like you alot. I'll never break your heart , just give me a chance to prove my love to you." He came close.
I just walked behind . He kept on coming close and suddenly he kept his hand around my waist.
" What are you doing........" Before I completed my sentence. I would see Daniel move forward angryly and punched on Samuel's face. Samuel fell on the ground.
" Who the fuck are you?" He shouted.
" When she's saying that she doesn't like you what's the point of making her uncomfortable." Daniel was also angry. I was behind Daniel , I holded his arms as I was scared.
" I like her and I will make her mine. You bloody........" Samuel got up angryly and clenched his fist. I  tightly holded Daniel's arm and I guess it was too tight that it would have hurt him.

As a lot of students were gathered on the ground . The teachers came running towards us.
" The teachers are coming run." One of Samuel's friend shouted.
" It's just because of the teacher or else I would have killed you. You better be prepared for next time." he ran away.
Daniel grabbed my hand and we also ran toward the gate. There were so many students that the teachers didn't caught any one of them and didn't recognize anyone.

"You are fine right?" Sandra looked worried. She looked at my hand as Daniel was holding my hand. I pulled my hand out of his grip.
"Yes I'm fine. Let's go it's already late." I smiled.

Then we headed towards the cafe that we often visited. We sat down as usual Sam and Sandra were together. Me and Daniel were sitting next to each other on the couch. We ordered some dishes.
" So whose that guy? Your boyfriend?" Sam asked.
"No it's not her boyfriend. How can a jerk like him date my best friend. He is Samuel our classmate. Lately he has been interested towards Maddie. He keeps on confessing to her. He is so annoying." Sandra spoke for me.
" But  do you like him?." Daniel looked toward me and asked.
I just looked into his eyes. I could tell that he was a big jealous and it made me happy.
" No, I don't." I answered as I looked into his eyes.
" If he does anything. Just call me or Daniel. We'll always be there for you. Don't worry." Sam comforted me.
" Sure, I'll. But Sandra is already there to take care of this." I looked at her.
" Yes of course. I will beat that rascal." She pulled her sleeves up.
" Calm down babe......" Sam put him hands around her waist. And there goes the couple this again. They are now busy in their own world.

There was a sense of silence between me and Daniel. We silently had our lunch. He didn't even speak a word and it was time to go home. As usual Sam was to drop sandra and daniel would drop me.

We were on the bike and like before completely silent. We reached my house, I got down.
" Okay then I will get going." He said coldly.
" Okay....take care. And thank you for today, for saving me....." I said.
" That's fine. Bye." I don't know why he was so cold today.
I turned behind and walked towards the gate.
" Maddie..." Daniel called.
I turned around.
" Are you free tomorrow??" He asked.
I was a bit surprised.
" Aww.....yes I'm ." I had my holidays as my exams were over.
" You said you like calisthenics right? So can you visit my gym tomorrow?"he said.
" Aww.....aww...awww yeah okay. I'll see you tomorrow." I didn't know how to react.
" I'll come to pick you up tomorrow at 1. " He said.
" Okay!" I smiled.
Then he left. How can a man who was so cold to me the whole day, ask me out tomorrow. But I was very happy as I can be with him tomorrow.