Don't hope more

The next day I woke up early just to decide which dress I would wear. I went through my wardrobe but I wouldn't decide what to wear.
" Going on a date?" I freaked out as I was busy selecting the dress. It was mom.
"No mom just going out with a friend." I simply answered.
" I have never seen you woke up so early and choose a dress to go out with your so called friend." She teased me. I didn't say anything, I pretended to be busy with my dresses.
" Is that the boy who dropped you home a couple of time." She added.
" Mom are you spying on me." I looked at her.
" Why would I spy on you. It's your life do whatever you want to do. I just happen to see you guys." She cutely said.
My mom is like very cool but she is also very caring as well. I thought that I should tell her about Daniel. I told my mom to sit down and then peacefully told her about how we met and all the things that happen in between. But I didn't bother to tell her about Samuel, I thought she could be worried about me. And I can handle him now as I have my friends behind me. I didn't want her to be worried.
As soon as she heard my story she asked " so you really like him?"
" I guess yes." I said
" And does he likes you." She asked.
" I don't know. I think he does." I smiled and said.
" It's good to be hopeful but at the end if he doesn't like you then I don't want you to be heartbroken. I really think you like him alot so be careful and don't overthink things." She was worried.
" I know mom. Don't worry. I'll be fine." I hugged her.
Then she helped me choose address. I wore a black skirt and a white t-shirt.A pair of converse and left my hair open. I put on a light makeup which I usually don't. I carried a side bag and I was ready.

I just sat in the hall and waited for his call

I just sat in the hall and waited for his call. Mom was busy with her business deals and I didn't disturb her. It's already been 1:30 and I don't know why didn't he show up. I called him but he didn't pick up the call, I even texted him but he didn't reply. I just kept on waiting.
"Maybe he is busy. But at least he can call or just reply my text. It's him who invited me to visit his gym and now he is nowhere to be found." I got up from the sofa angryly and went to my room. I threw my shoes and my bag and lied down on my bed.

I don't know why but it bothers me alot. I guess mom was right I should keep much expectations from people. I guess he doesn't like me and just considers me as a friend. It was already 4 pm, I just thought about so many possibilities and I don't know when I fall asleep.

After a few hours mom knocked at the door. I rubbed my eyes and got up. I walked like a zombie and opened the door.
" You have slept for 5 hours now. It's time for dinner let's go." She arranged my hair.
I was hungry. I could hear my stomach shouting for food. I went downstairs and mom had cooked some delicious dinner. I had my dinner and then helped mom to clean.
Both of us sat together on the couch when mom finally spoke.
" So you didn't go out?"
" Yes I didn't." I told her that Daniel didn't pick up my phone nor texted me back. I just hugged her and rested my head on her shoulder.
She hugged me " maybe he had some thing to do." She comforted me.
I didn't utter a word and just sat in the same position. Mom turned on the TV and began watching some show. I watched for a few minutes and then I got bored.
" Mom I'm bored. I'll head to my room. Bye goodnight!" I got up and kissed her.
" Goodnight." She kissed me back.
As I walked a few steps.
" Madd" she calls me madd at home.
I turned back.
" Don't overthink about it." She said.
" Okay......mom.....bye......" I just turned back again and moved to my room.

I entered my room and locked up the door. I arranged my shoes and bag which I threw. I changed my dress and jumped on the bed. I checked my phone to see if Daniel had replied.

To my suprise I had 20 misscalls and all from Daniel. I had a smile on my face but I was still angry. I wanted to call him back and didn't want to.
As soon as I went online he texted me
- I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up today. I was about to come when daisy called me. She told me that she had some trouble with the pets at home for strays so I went to help her. There were no staff, she was alone handling all the pets. We had to feed him and inject them all. It took me some hours. But as soon as I finished I called you, you didn't pick up. I'm sorry.
- It's fine☺️. But why didn't you pick up the call or text me back.
- I wanted to finish the work quickly and come pick you up. So I was in hurry to complete the work, that I misplaced my phone. As the work was completed I found my phone.
- ohh!!
- how about tomorrow? I'll pick you up at the same time.
- umm..... okay. I'll see you tommorow then.

I didn't want to say okay but the heart wants what it wants. I charged my phone and slept.