5

PLOT REMINDER

Technoblade, a criminal on the run, is pursued by the Hypixel Army. Pairs consisting of one Mage and one Knight are made throughout the country to capture him.

Known pairs are George/Dream and Sapnap/Bad.

Technoblade was last seen in the city of Invaded Lands. The two groups decide to head toward the city, taking different directions.

__________________ 

The arrow dashed through the air and pierced the target in its center.

George was as good as he used to, and he was somewhat glad he didn't lose his skill in archery.

He had learned to use a bow when he was very young. He was a prodigy in a lot of domains and archery was one of these. The boy had improved quickly. His pace of improvement has amazed everyone, especially his father. Back in the days, he was very proud of his archery skills. At that time, he couldn't do magic yet. He and Thomas were really competitive about it and it used to be very funny trying to be better than the other. That's how you improve; you always aim higher. He remembered how many trophies that decorated each other's rooms. He could remember these memories as if it was yesterday.

At night, they couldn't be safe, and it was better for both of them to be awake, since the zombies and the skeletons were out. They had to be aware of their surroundings. They had decided to stop for the night, so it was a perfect time to train. George couldn't count on his magic eternally. He was an excellent magician, of course, and as modest as he was, he was certain to defeat anyone if he had to use his magic. But he wasn't alone. To be the equal of an Assassin, he had to get back on physical training. George walked and went to remove the arrow from the target he had carved in the tree with his knife.

Where they had decided to stop, George had put torches on the ground to prevent the mobs from coming there. As animals were, the monsters were afraid of the light, and didn't dare to approach nor light nor fire. As the sun was raising, they were always hiding and running away from the light illuminating the fields. It was observed they seemed to be hurting under the sunlight. The soft light from the torches were brightening the ground and the trees that were surrounding them. The closer they were getting to the Invaded Lands, the taller and the thicker the trees were.

Dream was watching him from afar, sitting on a branch of a tall tree. At least his head was turned in somewhat his direction; it was impossible to tell if he was actually watching him, because of the mask he was constantly wearing. Even when they were eating, Dream always carefully removed his mask in order to only let his mouth out. The rest of his face was still a mystery. From what George had observed, he had some freckles on his cheeks and a white skin. Maybe Assassins needed to protect their identities.

George glanced at his partner. They didn't talk much since they departed. Not like George really wanted to. His first impression had been terrible and just from that, he didn't feel like chatting with him. Calling him George the First, like he knew about his situation, when the man would have probably just relied on rumors, was the most frustrating thing. People like that were getting on his nerves, really. People were just assuming without even asking the person whether if it was true or not. Do they really think they could understand what he was feeling? They had no info. They had no idea. People always interpret what you do like they want it to be.

Dream watched George silently as he was training with his bow. It's been almost an hour, and the magician was sweating and panting from the efforts. Maybe he was already tired. Although, it was really entertaining to watch. Dream was really good as bow as well; archery classes were obligated in his usual Knight training. But he had never imagined that a magician could be a physical fighter. He had that image of magicians being supports, and casting spells to improve the conditions of the Knights behind bushes, and not actually helping them on the battlefield with swords in their hands. He had seen many magicians dying after an anti-magic hoax. How pitiful.