14

“Good morning.”

George was eating bread, and turned his head to look at Dream. It was around seven in the morning. It was dawn; it was still a bit dark, but with the little bit of light there was, he could still see his partner standing in front of him, and what he saw made him question things. The man had his clothes soaked and his hair was down, completely wet, letting drops roll down his neck. George raised an eyebrow, confused.

“…What happened to you? You jumped on a lake or something?”

“You could say that.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“Thank you, George.”

The Mage handed a piece of his bread to Dream, but he shook his head politely and started to take off his soaked clothes in order to wring the water out of them. George discretely glanced several times at the shirtless man, still chewing his piece of bread. Dream was pretty well-built, as expected, but what surprised George were the scars he had on every part of his body. They weren’t deep, but there were surprisingly many.

“It’s battle scars”, Dream said when he caught George staring. “It’s no big deal. They’re like knife cuts. I wasn’t tortured or anything.” He rubbed his hands one against the other, trying to get rid of the water drops on them.

“Dream, did you want to bath and then you accidentally forgot to put off your clothes?”

“WHAT? No! Why are you saying that?” His voice was so expressive anyone could have told he was smiling.

“…I don’t know, I’m just wondering. Wondering what would be the reason so you would soak yourself on purpose. You’re not that stupid.”

“Alright, you wanna play a game?”

“What, I… Okay?”

“You ask a question and I must answer honestly. Then it’s my turn to ask you a question. The first who doesn’t want to answer loses.”

“Are you serious? If you start asking questions about my past, I’m beating the shit out of you.”

“Oh, come on. You are the one being curious right now.”

George sighed, and ate the last piece of bread he had. He licked his fingers. “Okay, then I start. So why would you soak yourself fully clothed while we’re on an important mission and why now? It’s going to be so annoying! We’re supposed to climb these mountains today.”

Dream giggled awkwardly, and seemed to search how to phrase it. His head was tilting to the side, visibly embarrassed a little. After a small moment of hesitation, Dream stroked his wet hair and put out of his pocket two cornflowers, a bit crushed due to the small space of his pocket. George glared at Dream, frowning.

“This is for you”, Dream explained, and he handed the cornflowers to his partner.

“Uh. Why?”

“Because I like you. This is a gift.” Dream agitated the two flowers in front of George’s face because he was staring at him with strange eyes. A bee has landed on them. “Take them!”

“Uhh… Okay? Thanks?” George took the cornflowers and looked at them confusingly. What the hell did that mean? He glanced at Dream. He would never understand what that man had in mind.

“So, this is my turn to ask you a question. Right?”

“I guess…”

“Remember that time where I was taking care of you after we fought Technoblade. You were on my lap, and I had bandaged your wounds. You woke up and I made you drink”, Dream started.