11

Behind his thick glasses, he could observe how vast the world was. It was definitely the best place to be. One day, when he will be an adult, he would build a house here and he would live on his own. That was his dream. He would be respected for his job and for who he is. On the top of this hill, he felt like he was invincible and that he could do anything. He just had to reach out his hand and everything was possible.

He had that recurrent dream where everything was burning around him, and that each object he would touch would turn into fire. He was barely sleeping these days. He was so dizzy it was hard to keep up with the work his family gave him. He had always been a daydreamer, but these days, he was more of a daynightmarer.

Each day, he had to work really hard to accomplish his duty. His mother was a jeweler, and his father a blacksmith. He had to alternate to help his two parents, but he was very unlucky and clumsy despite himself. Since the other day, he had begun to feel really uneasy in his own body. That was impossible to describe. He had never felt like this before. His veins seemed to boil and he felt like he had a fever. He knew he had, at least 40°C. But despite the sleepiness, the exhaustion and the warmth, he had to work. His parents were never satisfied with his amount of work.

On the rare days he was free, he would always stroll around with his best friend. But that was before he had moved out. Now he was by himself, walking through the streets in silence, sometimes bursting into laughter to make him feel like he wasn't alone. He was always looking at the ground since the dream he had whispered him that if he'd stare at something for too long, it would take fire.

His parents never had a kind word for him.

"You are so slow. Take example of your brother. He is way better than you."

He wasn't his brother.

"Why are you always so sleepy and lazy?"

He had bags under his eyes. He could barely stand and his fingers were shaking. He was so nervous he couldn't think of anything to respond, and laughed recklessly before getting slapped in the face.

His crackled glasses would always remind him he was doing everything wrong.

----

You are so bad at everything.

You are so bad.

Bad.

Bad!

"Bad?"

When BadBoyHalo opened his eyes, he gasped wildly and gripped his shirt with panic. He had felt like he was sinking into the void. When he looked around, still confused, he met eyes with Skeppy, who was looking at him with surprise, sitting on the bed in front of him.

"Did you fall asleep?"

"Oh, I... No, I..." He didn't even know himself. "I was lost in thoughts", Bad stammered, and he stroked his hair nervously.

They were alone in Skeppy's room. Bad glanced at the window and seeing the sunlight brighten the room reminded him it was the afternoon. His heart was still beating so fast even though he couldn't remember anything that just happened, and his eyelids were burning. It was probably a nightmare. He touched his forehead carefully. He had a headache.

Dream and George had departed yesterday. When they came back from their arguing, they seemed a whole more relaxed and nicer to each other. It was surprising and relieving. It didn't take long for them to leave. Thanks to his magic compass, it was easy for George to track Technoblade. Bad was happy for them. He had said good luck to them warmly. It was nice to see his two friends finally getting along with each other.