Worries

Wei Ying allowed SiZhui to walk him through the Cloud Recesses, away from the gated barrier which would allow him to walk out of the place and leave the Lans forever. He knew that it would not be so easy, but he was also somewhat relieved. He had been nervous about leaving, and that sort of dread and sadness which had engulfed him was definitely not something to laugh about, but now he was not leaving. SiZhui had kept him from leaving, and he could not deny that he was rather glad about that fact. He knew that he would leave the Cloud Recesses the moment that he was told to, he could not force the good people here to stay and deal with his presence after all. Yet, what SiZhui had spoken to him, about the Sect Leader Lan and Young Master Lan keeping him here for their peace of mind while they waged war among the Jiang Sect for all their wrongdoings, that made sense. Wei Ying supposed that it was much more help having him here within their grasp as they slowly tore the Jiang Sect apart piece by piece, but it was still somewhat terrifying. 

What if they got angry with him, or became bored with him. Wei Ying was not exactly the most understanding and silent person in the entire world, and he often found the Lan sleeping schedule incredibly difficult to adjust to, and h even had broken it a few times. there were so many rules, and whilst he had taken it upon himself to memorize them all and try to understand them so that he would not make a misstep whilst he was stuck here, he was always worrying that he would do something wrong, and that the Lan clan would get angry with him. He did not want them to feel anger at him, and there was always so many things to do and abide by. Wei Ying also knew that classes would start soon, and he had no idea what Lan Zhan wanted to do with him, and he was nervous about what could happen going on from here. He had no idea when the Lan clan would be taking steps to ensure the downfall of the Jiang sect, and he had no idea what that would even look like, and he found himself worrying over it all. 

He had just been exposed as well. His injuries, as it were, were now brought to light for both Lan Zhan and Sect Leader Lan. He was nervous that they would get angry at him for hiding such things. Though, technically he had not hid anything, he had just not spoken up about it, and he liked to think that he was rather good at hiding things that he did not want others to know about. Though, the reality of that was he was good at hiding things that he felt would burden others, not necessarily things that he thought others would not want to know, or things that he thought that they would pretend to want to know. He was a rather gifted actor in many ways, after all, but there was only so much that he could keep from his saviors. Sect Leader Lan, SiZhui, and Lan Wangji had all been so accommodating to him, and his trials, and had helped him in so many ways that they would not even begin to comprehend just how much that was. He did not even really know if he could explain exactly how much he was so grateful to them for the things which they had done for him. There really was just no good way of putting to words the debt which he owed the Lan clan. It was something that shocked him at just how much that they were willing to do for him, when none else had dared do such a thing before. However, there was only so much that anyone could deal with, after all, and with the bad reaction that Lan Zhan had to his precious dizi, and then the fact that he kept breaking-albeit insignificant-rules on accident, and now the fact that his injuries had come to light?

Wei Ying was not entirely certain how much longer it was that the Lan Sect would be willing to house him. What would he do afterwards? There was so much to worry about, things which Wei Ying was determined to ignore, as he could not possibly deal with all of it all at once, and it was best to push it aside for now, there was nothing more that he could do, after all. Right now, it was just best that he ignore the fear of facing the two Lans after having tried to escape. Something he doubted would go over all that well, and he was rather nervous of their reactions.

Of course, Wei Ying knew that what SiZhui had spoken to him was correct. They wanted him here, though the reasons for that could vary wildly as to why it was they really wanted him within the Cloud Recesses, he knew that they wanted him here for whatever reason it was. There was not much that he could do for that, but he was happy to accept the hospitality offered to him for the time. There was nowhere else that he could go at the moment anyways. Anyone that he had known all that long time ago had grown up or probably died. He would not be all that shocked if they had died, after all, it had been so long, and the streets, especially of the Wen sect, were not kind. Streets and living as an orphan rat was not easy, that combined with the Wen Sect streets, things were far worse and Wei Ying had been gone for so long. 

Besides, he barely remembered that time. Hushed echos of words and conversations, and burry images of faces. He wished that he did know them, though. At least so that his mind could be at peace as to whether or not they truly did survive. 

SiZhui noticed that he was getting lonesome and that his mood was drastically darkening the more that he thought of his fellow street rats, but he ignored that. SiZhui did not ask any questions, merely continuing to take him into the Cloud Pavilion to where the Sect Leader, their Uncle, and the Young Master were. 

"I found him," SiZhui said in way of greeting, and Lan Zhan turned sharply, eyes boring into Wei Ying. Wei Ying smiled a little nervously before looking away helplessly, unable to hold the intense gaze which Lan Zhan had.

"Hurt," Lan Zhan said simply. "Bed, now." 

"Wangji," Lan XiChen admonished lightly. "Come now, it would be best not to drag our guest back to bed so soon after his attempted departure." Wei Ying flushed, embarrassed. 

"Wei WuXian, you are welcome here," Lan Qiren said stiffly. "Especially as we look into the dealings of the Jiang Sect. It is safest for you to stay here." 

Well, that cut it. There was no way that they would let him out again. Lan Zhan personally walked straight up to him, snatched his wrist, and began hauling him off to his room.