Chapter 10

Max was really starting to question how his father got his driver's license.

For the past hour and a half, his dad has been swerving on both sides of the road, almost crashing into other cars, not looking at the road, he drove through a construction site, and he even drove under a car!

HOW THE HECK DO YOU DRIVE UNDER A CAR?!?

His dad finally decided to slow down a bit, but he still wasn't looking at the road. With his heart beating like crazy, Max decided to check up on Nicole, who hasn't said a peep for the longest time. When he looked over at her, he did a double take. Throughout all of his father's crazy driving, she was sleeping peacefully. He rolled his eyes with a small smile.

Of course, He thought. She could sleep through a tornado if she wanted to. She actually has.

Letting out a sigh, he reached over and slowly moved her so her head would lie on his shoulder, and froze when she seemed to be waking up. She pulled both her legs up onto the seat, snuggled up to Max's side, and went back to sleep. The teenage boy relaxed and looked back at the road, only for his eyes to widen in alarm when he saw an 18-wheeler coming their way. He let out a scream, and threw himself to the driver's side to grab the steering wheel, which was being ignored due to Goofy reading the map. Fortunately, Max moved the car back to the right side, completely missing the big truck without a scratch.

"Dad, you're gonna get us killed!" He shouted, looking back to make sure that his best friend was unharmed, and was relieved to see she was still asleep. He turned back to his dad with a small glare. "Why don't you just give me the map?"

"Oh, no thanks, son." Goofy said with a shake of his head. "Navigating's a big responsibility! Besides," An excited smile started to show on his face. "you wouldn't want to spoil the big surprise. I'm taking you someplace pretty special!" His smile grew even more once he looked back towards the road. "We're almost there! Wake up Lil' Nickie for me, would ya?"

Max rolled his, but complied anyway, and turned to Nicole. "Hey, Sleeping Beauty, it's time to wake up." He whispered, and lightly tapped her shoulder.

She immediately woke up with a tiny snort. "What?" She mumbled, groggily.

Max stared at her dumbfounded. "After all the crap we freaking crashed through, a light tap is what wakes you up?"

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she stares at him questioningly. "What are ya talking about? What crap?"

Max opened his mouth to answer, but changed his mind. "Don't worry about it. Long story short, we almost died 50 times today."

At that, her grogginess was gone. "What?!"

"Hey kids, look, we're here!" Goofy exclaimed. Both teenagers followed his line of sight to see Lester's Possum Park, a run-down tourist trap. Once Goofy found a place to park, he stopped the car and turned it off. He looks up at the park, with a hint of nostalgia in his eyes. "Gosh, it's even better than I remembered."

At that moment a mother was pulling her little girl, who was crying hysterically, towards the entrance of the park, which was in the shape of a giant possum with an open mouth and very sharp teeth.

"No mommy, I don't wanna go!" Her crying got fainter and echoed the farther her mother pulled into the park.

Nicole, with her mouth agape in horror, looked at Max, who had the same expression she did. "Max, this is just a dream right?"

"More like a nightmare." Max mumbled, still staring at the park entrance. "Tell you what Dad, we're just gonna wait right here in the car."

"You party poopers! Come on, this is gonna be fun!" Against their wishes, Goofy grabbed on to both their arms, and pulled them out the car, heading towards the entrance.