daniel

a/n DOUBLE UPDATE! THIS IS THE SECOND CHAPTER OF THE DOUBLE UPDATE! MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FIRST ONE IT'S IMPORTANT

here we are, the second half. OOH this chapter is good.

9.

I hold my hands out delicately for him. His face is one of immense concentration, his lips are tightly pressed together and his eyebrows are furrowed. In his own hands he holds a bottle of bright red nail polish. Carefully, he paints my right pointer finger in three succinct strokes.

"I'm not used to doing this to someone else's hand," he chuckles to himself. I shake my head to get my hair out of my face without using my preoccupied fingers.

"Do you paint your nails a lot?" I ask. His head is bent down so I can't see his eyes, but I can tell he's smiling.

"Yeah, pretty often these days."

"Which colors do you like?" I glance around at the bottles strewn around the floor by us. He had spent maybe five minutes searching through all of his colors to find one he thought would go well with my hair and eyes. Finally, he had settled on what he called "cherry red."

He gestures with his head toward a soft blue near his knee. "I like that one a lot, I alternate that color with a yellow on my fingers and I'm a big fan of that."

"That sounds pretty."

"Yeah." He looks up at me, a thought gleaming in his eye. "I remember something."

"What is it?" I shift a little.

"I remember the first time I shadowed you, you told me you have a bunch of tattoos." He starts. I nod.

"I do."

"Really?" He gestures with his hand holding the nail polish container over my body. I look down at what I'm wearing. A loose knit top over a red bralette and red, corduroy pants. "I don't mean to be rude, you don't have to answer if it's an uncomfortable question, but where?"

 "I don't mean to be rude, you don't have to answer if it's an uncomfortable question, but where?"

I chuckle a little, and gesture with my unpainted hand down at my right thigh. His eyebrows crinkle a little, still confused. "I have about thirty tattoos, they're all on my right thigh."

"All of them?" His face suddenly lights up, surprised but excited by the small detail. "Why? What kinds of tattoos?"

"Well, there's lots of different ones I suppose. My first one ever was a little raspberry. I have a lemon wedge down there too, strawberries, cherries, even a watermelon slice. Now that I'm thinking about it, there's a lot of fruit." I laugh. He smiles back and sets the nail polish down, wrapping his arms around his knees to listen to my story. "But I've also got some words, there's a tiger that I'm really proud of. The most recent one I got was a moon, about six months ago." I pause, staring at him intently for a moment, debating on whether or not I should continue. He is looking down at my right thigh now, imagining each of the tattoos under my pants.